Operations Manager Opportunity!
ABOUT COMPANY: Recognized as one of Fortune Magazine’s Most Admired Companies, the Corporation is approximately a $12 billion publicly-traded company that designs, manufactures, and markets industrial and consumer products. SUMMARY: Located in Los Angeles, CA. The Company is one of a group of seven operating companies, each recognized as an industry leader in the design, development, and manufacture of aviation equipment and aviation safety equipment for commercial, military, business and general aviation industries. Key product capabilities include aircraft and vehicle fire protection systems, aircraft electrical power generation, storage, conversion, distribution, interconnect and management systems, motors and actuators, crew restraint systems; high pressure components, aircraft security systems, aerospace ball screws, and mechanical and electro-mechanical subsystems.
- I. PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide operations leadership to a manufacturing factory team, utilizing DBS as the keystone of the daily activities required to deliver business results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost. Establish a world-class operations organization to support current and future challenges.
II. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and communication to all team associates to ensure understanding and attainment of SQDCI performance objectives, daily, weekly and monthly shipments.
- Utilize, drive, and promote understanding of DBS tools and principles to ensure the delivery of business objectives and a culture of continuous improvement. Develop and implement kaizen plans, daily management, lean conversion, and countermeasures.
- Drive complete kanban conversion and maintenance as required to deliver OTD and Inventory targets.
- Lead the Focus Factory Team of engineers, production leaders, material planners, quality technicians, and operators.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedure. Take active role in safety awareness and accident prevention
- Develop a world-class operations organization by providing training, coaching and counseling, and top grading as appropriate.
- Ensure proper staffing levels, quality and quantity, to meet customer requirements and achieve productivity targets
- Reports to Plant Manager
- Direct reports include
– Factory Manufacturing Engineers/DBS Champions
– Materials Coordinators
-Quality Inspectors and Technicians (indirect reporting)
- Internal Relationships exist with all functional department heads and staff (i.e. Quality, HR, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Engineers, DBS Manager, Planners, Buyers, Master Scheduler, Maintenance, Customer Service and General management)
- External relationship may include suppliers/vendors, Customers, and Auditors
IV. BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years proven shop floor operations leadership/supervisory experience in a multi-functional manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge and advanced training in Lean manufacturing concepts and techniques with significant exposure to kanban managed supply chain.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a rapid changing, intense, and demanding environment.
- Outstanding spreadsheet utilization skills along with proficiency in word processing and presentation software (MS Office). Oracle applications desired.
- Ability to understand and interpret blueprints and engineering specifications
- Familiarity in a military environment dealing with FAR/DFAR regulations
- Previous experience in an aerospace setting
V. PERSONAL TRAIT PROFILE:
- Excellent Communicator and Team-builder
- Strong Interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Multi-tasked, Flexible, open minded
- Analytical, fact based problem solver
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Decisive, fair, consistent
- High Degree of attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency
- Stress tolerant in a fast paced, result orientated manufacturing environment
The Perkins Group, Inc.
(P) 661-202-8517 (E) firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please pass on to anyone who may be qualified and /or available for new opportunities in your network!
The Perkins Group, Inc.
711 South Carson St. Suite 4
Carson City, NV 89701-5292