Vroman’s Proudly Presents A Book Signing with HILLARY CLINTON!
Vroman’s Bookstore is honored to
present a signing with Hillary Clinton!
Complete event details and information are below.
Tickets are now available! To purchase click HERE. Tickets appear to be SOLD OUT.
Friday, December 1, 1pm
Vroman’s Bookstore presents
Hillary Rodham Clinton
signing What Happened
“In the past, for reasons I try to explain, I’ve often felt I had to be careful in public, like I was up on a wire without a net. Now I’m letting my guard down.”
-Hillary Rodham Clinton, from the introduction of What Happened
About the Book:
For the first time, Hillary Rodham Clinton reveals what she was thinking and feeling during one of the most controversial and unpredictable presidential elections in history. Now free from the constraints of running, Hillary takes you inside the intense personal experience of becoming the first woman nominated for president by a major party in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, stranger-than-fiction twists, Russian interference, and an opponent who broke all the rules. This is her most personal memoir yet.
In these pages, she describes what it was like to run against Donald Trump, the mistakes she made, how she has coped with a shocking and devastating loss, and how she found the strength to pick herself back up afterward. With humor and candor, she tells readers what it took to get back on her feet–the rituals, relationships, and reading that got her through, and what the experience has taught her about life. She speaks about the challenges of being a strong woman in the public eye, the criticism over her voice, age, and appearance, and the double standard confronting women in politics.
She lays out how the 2016 election was marked by an unprecedented assault on our democracy by a foreign adversary. By analyzing the evidence and connecting the dots, Hillary shows just how dangerous the forces are that shaped the outcome, and why Americans need to understand them to protect our values and our democracy in the future.
The election of 2016 was unprecedented and historic. What Happened is the story of that campaign and its aftermath–both a deeply intimate account and a cautionary tale for the nation. (Simon & Schuster)
· This is a book signing only. Each $30 (+tax) ticket includes a wristband to access the signing line and 1 copy of What Happened.
· No line-up’s before 8am on 12/1/17. The line is first come, first served. Saving spots will not be allowed.
· Books will be distributed at the signing table during the event. They will not be available beforehand.
· Wristbands for entry will be distributed beginning the morning of the event. Photo ID and your ticket will be required to pick up your wristband. Name on the ID must match the name on the ticket. Please make sure you have printed or downloaded your ticket to your phone.
· All attendees will need to be in line, no later than 11am.
· No posed photos or selfies
· We will have a limited number of Clinton’s new children’s picture book
It Takes a Village available for sale that day at the signing line check in point. They will be available for purchase by standing ticketholders only; one copy per person, while supplies last.
· No additional books from home or backlist will be allowed or signed.
· Anyone without a ticket will not be permitted to line up nor will you be allowed in or near the event space.
· This is a Secret Service event. Leave large bags, purses, and personal items at home. Any personal items that cannot be pocketed will not be permitted in the signing space. This includes backpacks, purses, shopping bags, etc. There will not be a bag check at the store, so please leave large items in your car or at home. No exceptions.
· Tickets are non-refundable, including in the unlikely event of an
– The 3pm noted as the end time for this event is only an approximate time. Please be aware that event could run longer (as late as 7 or 8pm) or shorter than approximated so it’s most important to be in line by 11am to ensure that you get your book signed.