- SharePlay is a new way to share synchronized experiences in FaceTime with content from the Apple TV app, Apple Music, Fitness+, and other supported App Store apps
- Shared controls give everyone the ability to pause, play, rewind or fast forward
- Smart volume automatically lowers the audio of a movie, TV show or song when your friends speak
- Apple TV supports the option to watch the shared video on your big screen while you continue the FaceTime call on iPhone
- Screen sharing lets everyone on a FaceTime call look at photos, browse the web, or help each other out
- ProRes video capture using iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Setting to turn off automatic camera switching when taking macro photos and videos on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max
- COVID-19 vaccination card support allows you to add and present verifiable vaccination information from Apple Wallet
- Mandarin Chinese (Taiwan) support in the Translate app and for system-wide translation
- New automation triggers based on the current reading of a HomeKit-enabled humidity, air quality, or light level sensor
- New pre-built actions let you overlay text on images or gifs, plus a new collection of games lets you pass the time with Siri
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Photos app may incorrectly report storage is full when importing photos and videos
- Weather app may not show current temperature for My Location, and may display colors of animated backgrounds incorrectly
- Audio playing from an app may pause when locking the screen
- Wallet may unexpectedly quit when using VoiceOver with multiple passes
- Available Wi-Fi networks may not be detected
- Battery algorithms updated on iPhone 12 models to better estimate battery capacity over time
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
Watch the event on
October 18th at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time.
View online at apple.com or on the Apple TV app.
Unleashed – as the name implies could be a round of announcements prior to the 2021 Holiday buying season.
What should we expect?
MacBook? AirPods? Mac mini?
If Apple releases a MacBook 14″ that could be a hit. M1X processors.
Based on the recent outbreak of Canine Influenza, it is suggested by the director of Veterinary Public Health for the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health that all animal care facilities require Canine Influenza Vaccine. To ensure the safety of all pets in our care, we agree and will start requiring the vaccine to our vaccine protocol.
- Canine Influenza (Annually)
- DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza) (Annually per vet advice)
- Leptospirosis (Lepto) (per vet advice)
- Rabies (Annually or 3 years per vet advice)
- Bordetella (Every 6 month)
So please get you pet vaccinated as soon as possible.
“Dr. Karen Ehnert, director of Veterinary Public Health for the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, noted that the recent rise of cases of canine influenza and leptospirosis “is not normal”.
“I have been with the county for 21 years,” she said. ‘This is the first time we’ve had such large outbreaks.’”
For those not aware, there’s apparently a notice of planned power outage.
Pasadena Water and Power – Planned Power Interruption (10/14/2021)
This is an important message from PASADENA WATER AND POWER
Pasadena Water & Power will be performing electrical upgrades to its power system.
We apologize for any inconvenience, your power will be interrupted for approximately 6 hours starting on Thursday, 10/14/2021 at 11:00 PM. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
To learn more contact us at 626.744.4673.