The LA Auto Show taking place from November 22 to December 1 2021 is a good place to see the latest auto announcements.
This year we see numerous EV electric announcements.
Here’s just a few:
1. Tesla – while Tesla did not have an official booth, on the floor in the EV space for awards, included a Model 3, S Y, one can only assume that Tesla is preparing for the tooling of the Cybertruck followed shortly thereafter by the sub $30k EV. A cross between the 3 and Y. There have been rendering of what it may look like. Tesla is way ahead with their battery development and manufacturing. Other EVs have to rely on others for battery components.
2. Imperium EV – this company with a location in Fairfield CA, has a slew of EV vehicles. Expect Imperium to have vehicles available in the first quarter of 2022. Impressive design. The ETS SUC and Terra-E(pickup truck). You can reserve yours today with a $100 deposit. Sandy Monroe is
19951 Mariner Ave
Torrance, CA 90503-1672
With manufacturing in Tulsa, Oklahoma, makes another entry for a US auto maker.
4. KIA – 2022 EV6 – impressive up to 300 mile range on the RWD, coming 1st quarter of 2022. GT – Line
2022 Niron EV, starting at $39.990.
5. Hyundai – IONIC 5 – Impressive with a couple of all electric models keeping Hyundai one of the players in the EV space.
6. Subaru – A full EV is slated for release June 2022. A few pre-production models at the show, impressive, range appears on the lower end, but a good entry.
7. INDI EV – based in Vernon, California, about 100 employees. Showroom/offices in Beverly Hills.
8. MULLEN – from La Brea , Orange County, full EV vehicles. Impressive.
Mullen Automotive, 1405 Pioneer St., Brea, CA 92821, United States, +1 714-613-1900
Southern California based company, working to create sustainable & scalable energy solutions. Coming Soon: the revolutionary Mullen FIVE, electric-SUV crossover
9. Fisker – Debut of the Ocean. Southern California Fasker makes a splash at the LA Auto Show. A lot of buzz.
10. VinFast – car company from Vietnam – at the show offering coffee, but they had run out on Friday afternoon. They had two models on display. VF e35 and VF e36
10. Ford Electric Pickup truck, retro F100, looks great. Ford Mustang Mach E. Keeps Ford in the running.
11. GM- Chevy – Bolt not present, an embarrassment to those would would have loved to see GM – Chevy come out with something new and revolutionary.
12. VW- The ID 4, a strong contender, with sales appearing to be strong. The Electrify America charging network which came about after the dieselgate debacle. Leaving VW group with billions in debt.
13. Audi – With the e-Tron it will be interesting to see what Audi backed by the VW Group does next.
14. Nissan – Ariya – which is technically not a replacement for the LEAF, at least that is what Nissan says. Up to 300 mile range. It will have the CCS charging adapter, and supposedly the LEAF will receive some sort of adapter or conversion for Chademo to CCS, it wasn’t clear as the reps for Nissan had two stories. As a initial Nissan LEAF owner and the frustrations in dealing with Nissan and their poor battery design, I would be very leary of a Nissan product, and in particular a Nissan EV product.
Organic Grocery Store Chain Erewhon Coming to Pasadena.
A local investment group aligned with the Los Angeles-based upscale organic grocery store chain Erewhon has closed escrow on the former I. Magnin department store (then Borders Books); a historic retail building at 475 S. Lake Ave.
In February 2021, The New York Times ran a feature article on Erewhon, “How Erewhon Became L.A.’s Hottest Hangout,” detailing the chain’s successful rise the past decade to become a hub not only for health-food enthusiasts but also for celebrities and influencers, thanks to a highly-curated food offering that is a combination of organic, gluten-free, biodynamic, free-range and vegan, all in a beautiful setting and tailored to the local community.
Yuval Chiprut, chief development officer for Erewhon, lead the effort over many months to overcome many obstacles resulting from nearly a decade of vacancy. Chiprut was immediately struck by the classic lines of the original I. Magnin and Bullock’s buildings created over 70 years ago. Chiprut and Tony Antoci, Erewhon’s CEO, envisioned the ground floor refurbished and built out for Erewhon, including a makeover of the outdoor common area, landscaping, rooftop and patios surrounding the building for shoppers to eat and hang out. “Erewhon is honored by the prospect of occupying this iconic building rooted in Pasadena’s rich history. We are grateful for the support the City and community have provided,” Chiprut says. “We look forward to a successful rehabilitation of the building and joining Pasadena and the neighboring communities. I have always loved Pasadena and thrilled we found a viable location,” says Antoci.
The 41,760 square foot historic and iconic building is spread over a basement level and magnificent first and second floors. It was successfully marketed by CBRE beginning in the spring of 2020, following nine years of vacancy. Ultimately, through very targeted outreach, the team identified Erewhon as a great candidate and a 14-month process culminated in the sale of the building in October 2021.
Chiprut has brought in Erewhon’s retail architecture firm, Long Beach’s RDC Inc., to assist in renovating and modernizing the 70-year-old building while maintaining much of its originality. Terry Todd and Elise Kunihiro of RDC stated that the unique building is “an exciting challenge, and we look forward to seeing it reactivated and serving the surrounding community once again.”
The majority of second floor will be occupied by Brella, a new model of app-enabled child care center that offers full-time, flexible, and on-demand infant care and preschool, along with parent education classes and family events. Brella’s flexible model, innovative curriculum and beautifully designed environments are creating a new industry paradigm. Brella launched in Playa Vista in 2019 and, after closing a Series Seed fundraise this year, is expanding to multiple sites across Los Angeles.
Steve Nelson and Tim Genske have each been involved in Pasadena retail real estate for over 30 years and acknowledged this assignment was the ultimate test of their over 60 years of combined experience. “We were determined not to fail on this assignment, in spite of COVID, the long-term vacancy of the building, etc., and to bring a new generation of retail experience to South Lake Avenue that we would both be proud of to the community’s long-term benefit,” Nelson says.
The new ownership is engaged in negotiations with a specialty medical and wellness tenant, for the final portion of the second floor of the building and is also contemplating a built-out wine storage facility for residents in the basement space of the building.
Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow us on Twitter at @PasadenaGov, and Instagram and Facebook at @CityOfPasadena; or call the Citizen Service Center [cityofpasadena.net/CSC] Monday through Friday during business hours at (626) 744-7311.
$10,000 Reward Offered For Information On
Iran Moreno’s Murder
Statement, Press Conference & Community Vigil on shooting of 13 year-old boy
From the Mayor of Pasadena – Victor Gordo
Learn more about how Burger King an Robinhood are offering a limited time offer of crypto with your purchase.
spend $5 or more on the BK App with Royal Perks and get a side of Crypto. Powered by @RobinhoodApp Crypto.
— Burger King (@BurgerKing) November 2, 2021
How do I participate?
- Step 1: Download the BK app or visit BK.com.
- Step 2: Register to become a Royal Perks member via the app or online.
- Step 3: Make a purchase of $5 or more (pre-tax) on the BK app, website or in-store using “My Code” (where available).
- Step 4: Wait for an email containing your cryptocurrency prize code and information on how to claim your prize with the Robinhood app.
- Step 5: Open the applicable Robinhood accounts, including a Robinhood Crypto Account, and link your bank account to reveal and claim your cryptocurrency prize. You must claim your reward via the Robinhood mobile app by December 17
Pasadena’s Interim City Manager
Steve Mermell, the current City Manager announced his retirement about a month ago and Council has appointed former City Manager Cynthia Kurtz as the interim person to take over the position while the search for a permanent replacement is conducted. Having worked for the City of Pasadena for 20 years, as City Manager for the last few, she has a great understanding of Pasadena and is the perfect choice to keep the City going until a new person is hired.
- Talking to children about the vaccine in advance
- Wearing short sleeves to the vaccine appointment for easier access to the upper arm
- Ensuring children are well hydrated before and after receiving the vaccine
- Planning to monitor children closely after they receive the vaccine for any side effects