iOS 12.2 provides support for Apple News+, adds the ability for Siri to play videos from your iOS device to Apple TV, and includes four new Animoji. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
- Apple News+ is a new subscription service that extends the Apple News experience with hundreds of magazines and top newspapers
- Our editors handpick top articles and magazine issues, and you also get personalized recommendations on the topics most interesting to you
- Automatic downloads make it easy to read magazine issues offline
- Apple News is now available in Canada, with a free experience that includes handpicked Top Stories, a personalized Today feed, and support for both English and French
- Apple News+ is available in the U.S. and in Canada, with dozens of additional Canadian magazines
- Ask Siri on your iPhone or iPad to play any video, show, movie, sports game, or channel on Apple TV. For example, “Hey Siri, play Free Solo on my TV”
- Four new Animoji—owl, boar, giraffe and shark—are included for iPhone X and later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) and iPad Pro 11-inch
- Dedicated TV controls in Control Center and on the Lock Screen give you quick access to TV controls
- AirPlay multitasking for video allows you to browse other apps, as well as play other short form audio and video files locally on your device without interrupting AirPlay
- AirPlay destinations are now grouped by content type making it faster for you to find what device you want to play to
- Apple Pay Cash customers can now transfer money to their bank accounts instantly using their Visa debit cards
- Wallet app now conveniently displays Apple Pay credit and debit transactions right below the card
- Downtime can be configured with a different schedule for each day of the week
- A new toggle enables easily turning app limits on or off temporarily
- Website sign-in now occurs automatically after filling credentials with Password AutoFill
- Warnings now appear when loading unencrypted webpages
- Removes support for the expired Do Not Track standard to prevent potential use as a fingerprinting variable; Intelligent Tracking Prevention now protects against cross-site tracking by default
- Smart Search Field queries can now be modified by tapping the arrow icon next to search suggestions
- The Browse tab shows more editorial highlights on a single page making it easier to discover new music, playlists, and more
- Support for new AirPods (2nd generation)
This update also includes other improvements and bug fixes. This update:
- Supports Air Quality Index in Maps for US, UK, and India
- Includes information in Settings on how much time remains on your device’s warranty period
- Supports real-time text (RTT) for phone calls made through a nearby iPhone on iPad and iPod Touch
- Displays a “5G E” icon for iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) or iPad Pro 11-inch indicating that users are in an area where AT&T’s 5G Evolution network is available
- Improves quality of audio recordings in Messages
- Improves stability and performance of Apple TV Remote on iOS
- Fixes an issue that prevented some missed calls from appearing in Notification Center
- Addresses an issue where a badge notification could appear on Settings even though no action is needed
- Addresses an issue in Settings > General > iPhone Storage where the storage size of some large apps, the System category, and the Other category in the storage bar graph could be incorrect
- Fixes an issue that could cause Voice Memos to automatically play back recordings after connecting to a car Bluetooth device
- Resolves an issue that could cause Voice Memos to temporarily prevent renaming a recording
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
Food Truck Festival
For the first time ever, Final Fridays will be making its way to the shaded oaks and immaculate grounds surrounding the Rose Bowl Stadium. Bring a blanket, ball, and the family to Pasadena’s premiere 5-star park – The Greens at the Rose Bowl. Additional activities to include foot golf, outdoor games, moon bounces, photo opportunities, and tours of the Rose Bowl Stadium.
Admission and parking is free for all attendees. Entry to the event is through north Lot K. Final Fridays will take place on the following dates:
- Friday, March 29th from 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- Friday, April 26th from 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- Friday, May 31st from 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- Friday, June 28th from 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- Friday, July 26th from 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- Friday, August 30th from 4:00 – 8:00 PM
Final Fridays is finally here! The last Friday of every month we’ll be hosting food trucks, music, games and more out on the @BrooksideGC golf course! Bring your family, friends and pets and enjoy your spring/summer evenings out on The Greens! Info – https://bit.ly/2C5JUyD
To become a vendor please email email@example.com
Sun, Jun 2, 2019 @ Library Park. FREE Admission! Monrovia Music Festival brings communities together through music & art. Sponsor opportunities available. More info here
CitiMortgage a division of Citi Group has apparently decided to exit or sell their loan servicing business. The company to handle the loans is Cenlar. A company who has nothing but bad reviews.
The letter we received from Citimortgage comes two weeks before the first payment is due! With no prior notification, and nothing mentioned on the CitiMortgage portal /dashboard. it is alarming that the letter looks like a total scam, but apparently as confirmed by a rep from Cenlar and CitiMortgage in the Philippines, the letter is accurate.
The issues are countless as Cenlar cannot setup accounts, less than two weeks from the due date. Both parties claim that auto payments will be transferred and there will be no late fees.
If you are a Citi Mortgage customer you should be very worried that this transition is plagued with problems especially since Citi claims they are doing everything to ensure a smooth transition. You can read more about the 2017 Citi press release here
Citi was fined for unscrupulous practices of $8.6 million by the Federal Reserve, not much has been written about this. Here is the story.
Come Visit Caltech’s Campus, Interact With Caltech/JPL Scientists, Participate In 50+ Science Activities, Hear TED-Style Science Talks, And Listen To Keynote Speakers
The Caltech Postdoc Association (CPA) along with Graduate Student Council (GSC), Center for Teaching, Learning, and Outreach (CTLO) and Theater Arts at Caltech (TACIT) are organizing the “Science for March” event on March 16th from 10am – 3pm, at Beckman Mall, Caltech.
The idea behind this event is to engage the local community in science and help elevate the community’s understanding of what science is and what scientists do and hopefully inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers. Visitors can interact with 50+ science activities, hear TED-style science talks, and listen to keynote speakers.
This event is free and open to the general public with many activities for K-12 children !
RSVP and Join us for:
- 50+ outreach booths from Caltech/JPL labs and invited scientists and educators beyond Caltech
- TED-style talks from Caltech scientists
Caltech Science For March Event Is Free And Open To The General Public With Many Activities For K-12 Children.
10:00am – 1:00pm Science Booths and Activities
1:00pm – 1:30 pm Lunch break, Banner signing.
1:30pm – 3:30pm Talks, Lunch/mixer for the Science for March volunteers and presenters
Sat, March 16, 2019
10:00 AM – 3:30 PM PDT
All campus garages are free on weekends, see this website for specific locations (i.e. 1-4)
U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds celebrate Captain Marvel with Hollywood flyover
Formation of six F-16 Fighting Falcons to fly over Hollywood
NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nev. – The United States Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron “Thunderbirds” will fly over Hollywood in celebration of the upcoming film Captain Marvel during the afternoon of March 4, 2019.
The formation will feature six F-16 Fighting Falcons, the Air Force’s premier multi-role fighter aircraft, soaring over Hollywood from 12:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Marvel Studio’s newest film, Captain Marvel, will release in theaters nationwide on March 8. The film follows the story of Captain Carol Danvers, an Air Force fighter pilot who goes on to become the most powerful superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
“This flyover is a unique moment to honor the men and women serving in the Armed Forces who are represented in Captain Marvel,” said Lt. Col. John Caldwell, the Thunderbirds Commander/Leader. “Being part of this event is a tremendous opportunity, and we look forward to demonstrating the pride, precision and professionalism of the 660,000 total force Airmen of the U.S. Air Force over the city of Los Angeles.”
The Thunderbirds have close ties to the film’s production. Last January, in preparation for the film, lead actress Brie Larson and director Anna Boden visited the team during an Air Force immersion and F-16 flight at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
During production, the team provided two Thunderbird pilots to advise cast and crew on fighter pilot traditions and culture. One of the advisors was Maj. Stephen “Cajun” Del Bagno, who passed away in a mishap during a routine Thunderbird training flight in Nevada only a week after consulting on-set.
“Executing this flyover is a fitting tribute to Cajun,” said Maj. Matt Kimmel, the Thunderbirds Lead Solo pilot who advised the Captain Marvel team with Maj. Del Bagno. “He lived to share his passion for aviation with everyone he met and always left you with a smile. We carry his legacy each day and can’t wait to make him proud by showing off his U.S. Air Force and his team in his backyard.”
Residents along the flight path can expect a few seconds of jet noise as the aircraft pass overhead, along with the sight of six high-performance fighter aircraft flying less than three feet from each other in precise formation.
The Thunderbirds welcome and encourage viewers to tag the team on social media in photos and videos of their formation with the hashtags #AFThunderbirds, #CaptainMarvel, #SuperHeroAirman and #AirForce.
For more on the team, go to afthunderbirds.com or follow @afthunderbirds on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.