Devil’s Gate Reservoir
If you are like me you probably are not a fan of having hundreds of trucks rolling through neighborhoods and on and off ramps and highways dropping debris, and as of this morning a rock flew off one truck and hit my windshield.
This is the information from the Los Angeles County Public Works website:
The Devil’s Gate Reservoir Restoration Project is a four-year effort to increase flood protection for communities downstream of Devil’s Gate Dam and restore habitat within a popular section of the Arroyo Seco Watershed.
Los Angeles County Public Works will remove 1.7 million cubic yards of sediment from the reservoir immediately behind the nearly 100-year-old dam. In addition to providing flood relief to communities that have endured nearly a decade of elevated flood risk along the Arroyo Seco, the project will establish a permanent stormwater maintenance area that allows for the creation of 70 acres of enhanced habitat and recreational opportunities for local communities.
For more information on the Project, please contact:
For questions regarding the construction project, please contact:
The Devil’s Gate Hotline – (626) 458-2507
2019 CALIFORNIA WATERMELON FESTIVAL
Saturday June 29th & Sunday June 30th, 10am to 10pm. Tickets good for either day.
Join us for a day full of watermelon fun! This year will be the best ever, as we host our largest event yet with over 60,000 pounds of fresh-off-the-farm California watermelons, chilled, sliced and served fresh to you!
- All-You-Can-Eat Watermelon!
- Kids: Petting Zoo, Pony Rides, Children’s Theater, Magic Shows, Bubble Parties, Balloon Hats, Crafts, crazy Arena Games, Wildlife Exhibit, Butterfly Feeding, BMX Bike Pro Stunt Show and more (Kid’s Zone open from 10am – 7pm)
- Beautiful Watermelon Carvings, Cooking Demonstrations and Tastings
- Great Bands including
- Saturday 8 PM: Flux Capacitors, Totally Awesome 80s Tribute Band
- Sunday 8 PM: Selena Tribute Band
THE BEST IN SUMMER YUM & FUN!!
- Everything from BBQ to Vegan to Tasty Watermelon Desserts and Drinks
- Beer and Wine Garden. Try our Watermelon Ritas!
- A full carnival: Purchase 10 Ride Super Saver Packages and Save up to 70%!
All tickets are good for 1 day of your choosing: Saturday the 29th or Sunday the 30th.
“SOUFRA” DOCUMENTARY SCREENING DishDivvy & Glendale Tech on Tap are pleased to present, for the first time in Glendale, the premier screening of “Soufra.” Soufra follows the unlikely and wildly inspirational story of intrepid social entrepreneur, Mariam Shaar – a generational refugee who has spent her entire life in the Burj El Barajneh refugee camp just south of Beirut, Lebanon. The film follows Mariam as she sets out against all odds to change her fate by launching a successful catering company, “Soufra,” and then expand it into a food truck business with a diverse team of fellow refugee woman who now share this camp as their home. See the trailer here. DishDivvy is a proud sponsor and organizer of this screening. DishDivvy is a food-tech platform connecting Approved HomeCooks with hungry neighbors, with a mission to provide economic opportunities to underrepresented labor groups who are traditionally left out of the commercial food sector. The struggles and challenges of the Palestinian refugee women, as documented in “Soufra”, have resonated deeply with the founders of DishDivvy. We are excited to bring this story of entrepreneurship and hope to our local community. The film will be screened at Glendale’s beautiful Laemmle Theater. Guests will enjoy a Soufra-inspired boxed meal to enjoy during the film, prepared by local DishDivvy HomeCooks. An interactive Q&A / audience discussion will follow, led by community leader, Fr. Vasken Movsesian.
|IMPORTANT EVENT INFO: Please arrive by 6:30 PM to check in and receive your seat assignment and boxed meal. The film will begin promptly at 7:00 PM. No late seating. A 30-minute Q&A / open discussion will follow the film. Free 90 minute parking is available at Exchange Parking Garage on 115 Artsakh Ave, Glendale, CA 91206. This event is made possible by our amazing sponsors: NextHome Luxe Group Bruno Group Friendly Filmworks Inverselogic KEEN Fitness New York Life agent Roya Ebrahimi Fenwick & West, LLP|
|Buy Tickets – $15|
|Glendale Tech on Tap is a monthly meet-up created to strengthen the ecosystem of technology, innovation and entrepreneurship in Glendale. Past partners include UCLA, NASA, ServiceTitan, Mobileforming, Age of Learning, the Beat Junkie Institute of Sound, CBRE, Rolling Robots, Interactivism and the Pasadena Angels. Raise a glass to tech every fourth Wednesday of the month in Downtown Glendale.|
How Jonathan Gold Reinvented Los Angeles
May 19, Sunday, 8-9 p.m., Pasadena Playhouse, main stage
Laurie Ochoa gathers friends and colleagues, including LA Times “Food” section writer Amy Scattergood, Vogue magazine film critic John Powers, author Jervey Tervalon, and City of Gold Director Laura Gabbert, to celebrate and remember the unique life, wit, and wisdom of LitFest Pasadena co-founder Jonathan Gold – and his profound effect upon the City of Los Angeles.
|8th Annual LitFest Pasadena Two Action-Packed Days and Nights of Literary Events the weekend of May 18th & 19th Free in the historic Playhouse District 1:00pm – 9:00pm|
|• Over 150 Diverse Authors • 50+ Panels, Workshops, Performances & Podcasts Visit our website|
|The mission of LitFest Pasadena is to provide an opportunity for authors and community members to celebrate literature of all kinds, to instill a love of reading and writing, and to provide a public intersection of dialogue around the variety of topics and ideas that books inspire.|
|photo by Rosalind Helfand|
iOS 12.3 includes support for AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and features a redesigned Apple TV app. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
- AirPlay 2 now supports sharing videos, photos, music and more from your iPhone and iPad directly to your AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV
- One-tap playback automatically plays your chosen TV show or movie on the last screen you used based on time and location
- Siri Suggestions to watch movies and TV shows now include an option to AirPlay
- Intelligent suggestions are all done on-device so your personal information stays private
Apple TV app
- The Apple TV app features an all-new design that highlights expertly curated collections and personalized recommendations
- Apple TV channels offer subscriptions to HBO, Showtime, Starz, and more, available to watch directly in the Apple TV app, online or off
- Subscriptions to Apple TV channels can be shared with up to six family members, with no new apps, accounts, or passwords needed
- New release movies are available to buy or rent in the Apple TV app, including the full catalog of over 100,000 movies and the largest selection of 4K HDR titles
- A new dedicated kids section helps you discover editorially-handpicked shows and movies safe for kids of all ages
- The Apple TV app can now intelligently suggest playing to the most likely Apple TVs or AirPlay 2-enabled TVs nearby
This update also includes bug fixes and improvements. This update:
- Adds the ability to follow a magazine from the Apple News+ catalog browsing view
- Apple Music’s For You tab now updates multiple times a day suggesting music based on themes like genres, artists, and moods you love
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Apple TV Remote from pausing video, controlling video, or changing volume on supported receivers
- Addresses an issue that could cause calls made using Wi-Fi calling to drop
- Fixes an issue where song information from a connected iPhone may not appear in a car’s display
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
Cure headlines and curates Pasadena Daydream Festival to take place at
the Brookside at the Rose Bowl on Saturday, August 31, featuring
performances by Pixies, Deftones, Mogwai, Throwing Muses, The Joy
Formidable, Chelsea Wolfe, The Twilight Sad, Emma Ruth Rundle and Kælan
Following their 40th anniversary appearance at BST Hyde Park, London in 2018, The Cure have invited a selection of their favorite artists for another summer headline event, this time set against the West Coast backdrop of Pasadena’s Rose Bowl. In Robert Smith’s own words, “Hyde Park was a fabulous experience, the whole day was really magical, and we wanted to create something with a similar celebratory vibe for this summer.”
Recently inducted into the Rock’n’Roll Hall of Fame, The Cure has been instrumental in shaping the global, post-punk musical landscape. Earning a reputation for melancholy with albums such as Pornography, Disintegration and Bloodflowers, the band has also produced an astonishing succession of pop hits, including, among many others, ‘Boys Don’t Cry’, ‘The Lovecats’, ‘In Between Days’ ‘Close To Me’, ‘Just Like Heaven’, ‘Lullaby’, ‘Lovesong’ and ‘Friday I’m In Love’.
PASADENA DAYDREAM FESTIVAL General Admission: $149 + $1 charity + fees VIP: $299 + $1 charity + fees Preferred parking: $40 + $1 charity + fees
$1 from every ticket sold will go towards music and arts education organizations and local charities, which include Mr. Holland’s Opus, Little Kids Rock, Free Arts for Abused Children, Inner-City Arts and The Painted Turtle.
TICKETS GO ON SALE FRIDAY, MAY 17TH AT NOON
Trump has escalated the trade war with China.
After more than 12,000 attended to celebrate the community arts in Pasadena last year, the Playhouse Block Party returns this summer! Join thousands of people in a celebration of arts and culture at our second annual FREE Block Party.
Playhouse Block Party
June 8, 2019
El Molino Ave @ Colorado Blvd
12 pm – 10 pm
In partnership with Pasadena Playhouse and the Playhouse District Association, Playhouse Block Party is a family-friendly event featuring live music, food, libations, guided tours, and interactive activities, all curated by our local arts organizations and community partners.
For more information, please visit playhouseblockparty.org.
MAKE YOUR VISIT TO PASADENA AN ALL-DAY AFFAIR: Also on June 8 from noon-8pm, don’t miss the third edition of BoldPas: A Day of Art & Play in Old Pasadena. The free, community art event showcases 16 temporary art installations throughout Old Pasadena’s unique network of pedestrian alleys, giving visitors the chance to interact with art that is BOLD – in color, scale, materials, and concept. Come play with the art, meet the artists, snap photos, and experience historic Old Pasadena with new eyes! Learn more at www.oldpasadena.org/boldpas.