The news this week of a data breach affecting 106 million Capital One customers is yet another reminder that companies entrusted with our personal data can and must do better to keep it private and secure.1
As you take steps to ensure your information wasn’t compromised in this latest breach, we wanted to make sure you know that Equifax, a huge credit reporting agency, just settled with the Federal Trade Commission in a deal that requires the company to pay up to $700 million — and they could owe you a share of that sum. If you were affected by this data breach, you’re eligible for a cash payout of up to $125 or up to 10 years of free credit monitoring.2
Equifax has agreed to compensate 143 million Americans whose personal data was compromised because of a breach of their systems. Use this look up tool to find out if you were affected & file a claim for compensation today.
If you are a class member, you can use this website to claim the benefits described below.
Please note that none of these benefits will be distributed or available until the settlement is finally approved by the Court.
1. Free Credit Monitoring or $125 Cash Payment. You can get free credit monitoring services. Or, if you already have credit monitoring services, you can request a $125 cash payment.
- At least 4 years of three-bureau credit monitoring, offered through Experian. You can also get up to 6 more years of free one-bureau credit monitoring through Equifax.
- If you already have credit monitoring services that will continue for at least 6 more months, you may be eligible for a cash payment of $125.
2. Other Cash Payments. You may also be eligible for the following cash payments up to $20,000 for:
- the time you spent remedying fraud, identity theft, or other misuse of your personal information caused by the data breach, or purchasing credit monitoring or freezing credit reports, up to 20 total hours at $25 per hour.
- out-of-pocket losses resulting from the data breach.
- up to 25% of the cost of Equifax credit or identity monitoring products you paid for in the year before the data breach announcement.
3. Free Identity Restoration Services: You are eligible for at least 7 years of free assisted identity restoration services to help you remedy the effects of identity theft and fraud.
Stater Bros. markets is kicking off the 2019 hatch chile roasing season, starting August 10, 2019. at their Sun City, San Jacinto and Pasadena stores. The roastings will be held for 5 weeks. Check out your nearest location here.
Ralphs with Frieda’s, Gelson’s, and Bristol Farms, Melissa’s also are holding roasting events.
Ralph’s August 3rd to August 31st
Melissa’s – dates and locations here for 2019.
An Invite to the 20th Annual District Block Party and Resource Fair!
Saturday, August 3
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
500 Block of East Jackson Street in Pasadena
The 20th Annual District Block Party and Resource Fair is right around the corner. We invite you for an open discussion on legislative and community issues, while enjoying live music, a classic car show, and so much more!
Below is a list of local and state resources participating to provide useful information about their programs and to help answer your questions:
- The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz),
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Developmental Services
- California Office of Emergency Services
- Department of Insurance
- Covered California
- Employment Development Department
- Franchise Tax Board
- Governor’s Office Business and Economic Development
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire)
I look forward to seeing you there!
Last chance to eat at Central Grille Pasadena! Restaurant Closing July 14 at 2pm, must be the last brunch service for the location.
According to a post on Facebook: Landlord offered lease buy-out to place a new tenant in 5 buildings on the block. We will close tomorrow at 2pm in case you were thinking of stopping by!
- Wondering who the tenant is that is moving into that large of a
Central Grille Pasadena will be closing soon! Yes, you read that right – our last day will be Sunday, July 14th.
Join us for our final days at Pasadena and thank you all for your years of support!