Based on the recent outbreak of Canine Influenza, it is suggested by the director of Veterinary Public Health for the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health that all animal care facilities require Canine Influenza Vaccine. To ensure the safety of all pets in our care, we agree and will start requiring the vaccine to our vaccine protocol.
- Canine Influenza (Annually)
- DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza) (Annually per vet advice)
- Leptospirosis (Lepto) (per vet advice)
- Rabies (Annually or 3 years per vet advice)
- Bordetella (Every 6 month)
So please get you pet vaccinated as soon as possible.
“Dr. Karen Ehnert, director of Veterinary Public Health for the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, noted that the recent rise of cases of canine influenza and leptospirosis “is not normal”.
“I have been with the county for 21 years,” she said. ‘This is the first time we’ve had such large outbreaks.’”