West Nile Virus reported in Studio City
26 people in California
17 year old as well.
And what is the potential cause… a pool at a foreclosed house in Studio City!
Apparently the bank, and code enforcement did nothing until it was too late, when they reported to start treating the pool, Truc Dever a rep with pest treatment dept.
EReaders are a great idea and mean that the reader can enjoy a good book wherever they are. You can carry about thousands of books, all in one go, and have them all lightly stored on your sleek new eReader.
Some people have been quite resistant when it comes to eBooks; there is nothing better than sitting down with a good old, physical, book and getting lost in a great story. EReaders are so much better than any reader could imagine until they’ve tried it. You can get new books with just a few clicks online and you can continue wherever you go! Those readers who have turned to the dark side and accepted eReaders as a great gift from technology will know and, for those who haven’t yet, there’s no harm in doing a bit of research for when you do…!
- The Kobo eReader Touch comes in at a nice £109 and is a great all-rounder. It looks great and there are loads of eBooks available online. Although taken away from the Amazon market, there are still plenty of places to choose your latest read and this eBook is stylish and really easy to use.
- Amazon Kindle Keyboard 3G is going for approx. £149. This is great for the avid reader; the battery life alone is fantastic and it can store 3,500 books! There is even a small speaker if you something prefer the audio book route. The great thing about the Kindle is the library; Amazon has tons of eBooks to choose from.
- The Amazon Kindle Touch is priced nicely at approx. £100. This eReader is not the most attractive device in the world, but the touchscreen is great. There isn’t much more to say in addition to the detail on the other Amazon products though!
- For a bit of a change there is the Sony Reader Touch Edition PRS-T1 coming in at £130. This eReader is referred to as the best for Kindle haters! It is stunning, thin and light so is easy to carry around. It is limited with regard to options; you can only access a small number of this directly, but then if you hook it up to your laptop you can download to your heart’s content so make sure you get online and go to this web site to learn more about high speed internet for your reader’s needs.
- The Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350 is a bit higher priced at £140. This pocket reader is great for those on the move. You cannot use Wi-Fi, but can easily download your books using the USB. The reader is nice, easy to use and has 2 weeks battery life for you to play with!
- Back to Amazon and the Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi which comes in at £89. This comes with a nice price tag to begin with, which is a bonus to say the least. The Wi-Fi aspect does mean that battery life is knocked down from 2 months to 1, but getting new books is really easy.
- The Elonex 621EB eBook Reader is a nice choice if you are constantly going on long journeys and is nicely priced at £90. You can keep about 1,000 books on this reader and use an SD card if you want a few more. The battery life is a massive 3 months so is one to contend with in that sense!
- The Apple iPod Touch 8GB is a bit on the expensive side at around £170. This is not the standard choice, but the retina display is great for reading. You can opt to download reading apps and use your device for music, games and movies too. This gives a lot more options so is one to consider as an alternative for sure.
- BookeenCybook Opus eReader is very affordable at approx. £70. This is a simple device is easy to use and you can turn the page by flicking the reader to the side! This one has no Wi-Fi, but USB transfers are easy enough and you can use a Micro SD card.
- Finally, and the most expensive, is the Blackberry Playbook 16GB at around £250. This tablet is well worth it if you are after the tablet experience as well. There are loads of options for downloading books and it looks great as well.
The options are fantastic and there is something to suit everyone’s budget and preferences. Enter the world of eReading and you will never look back!
Emily is a freelance writer based in North Wales. A keen reader, and inspired by the authors of fiction, Emily is an up and coming author. When not writing professionally about how to go to this web site to find out at high speed internet ; you’ll usually find Emily spending time with her partner and niece, if not reading or writing her book.
Getting on the property ladder can be a difficult and expensive thing, but staying on top of the bills required to maintain it and make it function efficiently can be even more daunting. You have to be able to cook, stay warm, see when the sun sets, entertain youself, stay in conntact with families and friends and remain secure…..with so much to oversee it’s a miracle we ever leave home at all!
WhiteFence.com is a FREE service that helps people who are moving or looking for the best deals on phone, internet, television, electricity, natural gas and other home services. By simply entering a street address into our secure site, people looking to save money or start new service can find the most comprehensive list of plans available for their specific address.
Sure we can get proffessional advice from experts well versed in such matters, but that’s yet another bill to be paid and what’s to say that they will have the expertise to offer you a comprehensive and beneficial service?
Fortunately, the internet has seen a host of comparison sites spring up and we can use a few simple clicks of the mouse to get the best, most competitive deals. WhiteFence has really looked to take this concept a step further and the sheer numbers of markets that can be assessed and compared is truly mind-boggling.
Whether you choose to look at your utilities, (or a host of other bills) seperately, or as a joint bundle there are savings to be made and Whitefence estimate that customers can save up to 30% on Internet, phone, TV and a whole host of other bills. For a busy family on a budget, 30% is a huge sum and could make a very real difference to the pursuit of those special luxury items. Perhaps it could determine where you go on holiday, (or whether you have a holiday at all) whether you can afford the new television the kids have seen, or whether you treat your partner to a weekend away without the kids.
Utilising Revolutionary Deal-Finder Technology, WhiteFence have already helped 6 million homeowners better manage their bills and make substantial savings…..shouldn’t you be amongst their number?
following recipe with me, which can help soothe a sore throat:
“Use 3 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, 3 tbsp. lemon juice, 2 tbsp. of honey and 16 oz. water, and warm to sipping temperature and sip. Adding juice from chopped ginger can be used for more power.”
2nd Annual Wine on the Water
Join Your 3 Oxnard Wineries for Our
2nd Annual Wine on the Water
Channlel Islands Harbor Cruise!
Grab some friends/family and join us for a
Great Sunday Afternoon
We’ll be cruising the Channel Islands Harbor/Marina on the beautiful Scarlett Belle riverboat where you will have the opportunity to taste wines from your 3 Oxnard wineries, enjoy appetizers, entertainment and, of course, a wonderful, relaxing 2-hour cruise!
How much???? $49 per person. Includes 6 wine tastings, appetizers, entertainment and cruise. By popular demand from last year’s cruise, wine by the glass and bottle will also be offered.
Date: Sunday, September 9th
Time: 3:00 – 5:00pm (boarding between 2:30 – 2:45) Ship departs promptly at 3:00pm
Price: $49 per person
Location: Marine Emporium Landing, 3600 South Harbor Blvd, Oxnard Ca
Wineries: Herzog Wine Cellars, Magnavino Cellars, Rancho Ventavo Cellars
Restrictions: Adults Only (Must be 21+ years of age)
Tickets: Purchase Tickets
Time is running out, so purchase your tickets soon! Limited to 120 guests!
Look forward to having you join us,
Faye & Georgge
Herzog Wine Cellars – Herzog Wine Cellars in Oxnard is a testament to the Herzog family’s eight-generation long commitment to making great wine. The winery combines state-of-the-art technology with a hands-on approach to artisan wine making. Guests may enjoy a tasting at the beautiful and elegant tasting bar, browse in the gift boutique, or take a self-guided tour that provides a bird’s eye view of the winemaking process. 3201 Camino Del Sol, Oxnard CA. Tasting Room: Sun-Thurs 11am – 9pm, Fri 11am – 5pm, Closed Sat.
Magnavino Cellars – Located in the heart of the Ventura County Wine Trail, Magnavino offers a choice of both white and red wines. From the novice to the connoisseur, there’s something to tempt everyone’s palate. Winemaker and owners Rob and Barb Wagner celebrate the beauty of transforming premium grapes into delicious, hand-crafted award-winning wines. We look forward to seeing you at our refined, yet relaxing tasting room. 961 N. Rice Ave, Suite 5, Oxnard, CA. Tasting Room: Sat & Sun 11am – 6pm
Rancho Ventavo Cellars – Step back in time and experience Rancho Ventavo Cellars’ exquisite red wine collection in their charming 1902 Victorian home. Rancho Ventavo Cellars creates wine in such rich color, depth and flavor from select California vineayrds, that Carlos Granda from ABC Channel 7 Eyewitness new said, “If you like red wine, this is the place for you”. 741 South A Street, Oxnard, CA. Tasting Room: Fri-Sun 11am-6pm
Zurmo is an open source CRM application written in PHP utilizing JQuery, Yii Framework, and RedBeanPHP.
To be the #1 Open Source CRM application in the world
Yes, we know there are a lot of CRM applications out there. Why another CRM application? Through our many years in the CRM industry, we still see companies struggling to implement a CRM application. Our goal with Zurmo is to provide an easy-to-use, easy-to-customize CRM application that can be adapted to any business use case. We have taken special care to think through many different use cases and have designed a system that we believe provides a high degree of flexibility, covering a wide variety of use cases out of the box.
Award Winning Director Tony Scott Jumps to Death
68 year old Scott jumped to his death from the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro.
Family asks for privacy
West Hollywood Production Company run by both him and his brother.
Apparently he left a note before scaling a fence and jumping from the bridge of almost 200 feet.
Top Gun, Days of Thunder,
Numbers, Good Wife
Worked with Denzel Washington on five movies.
Now we hear that the jump was video tapped, and that the video is being shopped around by the owner…. we will see as this part of the story develops.
Also there was a report that Scott was diagnosed with brain cancer, which the family denies.
Sergio Garcia’s PGA Tour Wyndham Championship was delayed until Monday.
Thunderstorms and rain in North Carolina on Sunday, players forced to return on Monday to complete their final round.
WHAT’S NEW DETAILS
Cause for Creativity: Tour da Arts, vol. 4
Sunday, August 19, 12 – 6 pm
Beat the pump, cycle the town, and enjoy Santa Monica’s sights and sounds with Cause for Creativity: Tour da Arts. The Santa Monica Museum of Art’s fourth annual event underscores the creative side of bike culture and takes you on a ride filled with music, dance, and art.
What to bring: A bike in good running order. Anyone under 18 must wear a helmet and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children under 9 should be on a tag-along, bike trailer, tandem, or other safe child-carrying device.
Bike rentals: FREE bike rentals while supplies last! Reservations available in the registration form while supplies last.
Tour da Arts schedule:
12 – 2 pm: Festival and Check-in at the Santa Monica Museum of Art
* Tours of SMMoA’s current exhibitions: Mickalene Thomas: Origin of the Universe and
Park Studio: Complex Elements
* Shopping: Dog Days of Summer sale at GRACIE, SMMoA’s gift shop
* Art Reflector Workshop: Build an original reflector spoke card for your bike. FREE for SMMoA members; $5 for non-members
* Bike Advocacy: Learn fun and safe biking tips from Santa Monica Spoke/Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, CicLAvia, Clif/Luna Bar/Clif Kids, LA Metro, and C.I.C.L.E.
* Bike Tune-up: Get a complimentary bike tune-up from Bikerowave, LA’s volunteer-run community bike repair shop, and Luna Chix, a women’s cycling advocacy team with Clif Bar
* Free Bike Rental: Courtesy of Perry’s Café and Bike Rentals. Reservations required. First come, first reserved. Reservations available in the registration form.
* Food and Drink: Enjoy delicious options from Peddler’s Creamery, Valentino’s Taco Truck, and Sunny Blue, ONE Coconut Water, Clif/Luna Bar, Whole Foods Market Santa Monica, and IZZE
* Innovative Bikes on Display: View one-of-a-kind bikes, including Carole Frances Lung’s (aka Frau Fiber) Collaborative Bicycle Powered Sewing Machine Bike, the Peddler’s Creamery Ice Cream Bike, with ice cream for sale, the Santa Monica Beach Barcycle, iZip hybrid electric bikes, and more!
2 pm: Bike Tour departs SMMoA
2:30 – 3:30 pm: Santa Monica Bay Woman’s Club
* Old-time string trio Triple Chicken Foot with Square Dancing called by Maggie Lind
4:15 – 5:15 pm: John Adams Middle School Auditorium
* The Matchbox Puppet Shows by world-renowned raconteur Laura Heit
5:30 – 6:00 pm: Return to SMMoA
* Popwagon’s mobile art and theater space performance by Dirt Bird, a folk-meets-classical music duo.
6:00 pm: End of event
Congratulations to Alison Guh, winner of SMMoA’s Bike Critter Art Contest! Guh’s drawing is the mascot for Tour da Arts, vol. 4.
Cause for Creativity: Tour da Arts, vol. 4 is made possible in part by the City of Santa Monica and the Santa Monica Arts Commission, the Eileen Harris Norton Foundation, and Los Angeles County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky.
Questions? Email [email protected]
Watch this video with highlights from Tour da Arts, vol. 3 (2011).
California Avocado Festival
The California Avocado Festival conducts an annual festival for the enjoyment of the people of the State, for the promotion of avocados, for the funding of community projects and the development of tourism within the Carpinteria Valley.
4299 Carpinteria Avenue
Carpinteria, California 93013
About the California Avocado Festival ®
As AVOFEST™ prepares for its 26th, much has stayed the same since our first festival, but much has also changed. One of the most significant additions to AVOFEST™ is our fierce commitment to going green, and we aren’t just talking avocados !
• The Festival is a No Styrofoam Zone
• Biodiesel is used for Festival Generators
• Boast an Overall Diversion Rate of 98%!
• The Festival Honors the City’s Ordinance on Outdoor Smoking
Festie follows AVOFEST™ Rules. Please be a Festie!
• No Family Pets
• No Bike Riding
• No Skateboard Riding
• No Roller Blading
• No Canned/Bottled Beverages
• Smoking ONLY in Designated Areas
Friday, October 5 • 11am – 10pm
Saturday, October 6 • 10am – 10pm
Sunday, October 7 • 10am – 6pm
PO Box 146
Carpinteria, CA 93014-0146
The 21st Annual California Lemon Festival
For the past 20 years, the Lemon Festival has been the biggest celebration in the Goleta area and it keeps getting better each year. Be sure to join us on October 13th & 14th, 2012, for the 21st Annual California Lemon Festival in Goleta.
You’ll find wonderful food, a fantastic family atmosphere, and variety of entertainment and activities that have made this the most anticipated event in the Goleta Valley. This weekend also includes the Goleta Fall Classic Car and Street Rod Show and the ever-popular ‘Safety Street.’ Don’t miss our pie-eating contests, and the arts and crafts vendors.
All 2012 vendor applications are posted under the Vendors & Volunteers Tab!
Have a question? Email [email protected] or call us at 805-967-2500.
Directions to the California Lemon Festival at Girsh Park
Girsh Park is located north of Santa Barbara in the heart of Goleta, California. Here’s how to get there:
- Take the Glen Annie/Storke Road exit off of the 101 Freeway
- Head towards the ocean (away from the mountains) on Storke Road,
- Cross over Hollister Avenue
- Pass McDonald’s, Home Depot and Fire Station 11 on your right
- Girsh Park is between Santa Felicia Drive and Phelps Road. California Lemon Festival parking signs should be visible for the many different parking areas, along with parking volunteer parking coordinators to assist you in locating a parking spot.
Whether you have long held the dream of a career where millions listen to the sound of your voice and hang on your every word, or merely think that you could do a much better job than the idiots you are forced to listen to everyday, I’m pretty sure we’d all consider it pretty cool to be the DJ on our very own radio station. You can start broadcasting to the world. Cool but prohibitively expensive and highly unrealistic I hear you say and in the past you’d be dead right…..but things, they are a changing!
Cheapeststream.com has utilized the freedom and relative inexpense of the internet to offer you the option of living the dream from as little as $1.95 a month! That’s right, just $1.95 a month which considering what is on offer is ridiculously cheap by anyone’s standards! Start an online radio station today, admittedly that is for there most basic package, but even their largest package is only $16.95 a month, which is still truly awesome value. Whichever package you choose, you’ll still be given a free copy of SAM Broadcaster LITE and a free Flash Media Player and as long as you have a laptop/ computer, you’ll have all you need to DJ the night away. So you can see that it is very easy to start an online radio station today.
Sign up today and you’ll benefit from: A free copy of SAM Broadcaster Lite A free Flash Player High quality 64 KBPS in AAC Supperb email support Incredibly easy setup 99.9% uptime guaranteed A service optimized for SAM Broadcaster LITE Servers all over the world Whatever your reasoning and whatever your ultimate aim, this is quite simply an incredible deal for an incredible service. As a kid growing up, I used to record myself to cassette and pretend I was running my own radio station. Cheapeststream.com has taken it a step further and brought convenient, affordable, mainstream online radio to the masses…..what I wouldn’t give to be seven again!
If you’ve ever played on the Nintendo DS the chances are that you’ve played on one of the various brain training games and if you have children, there is a distinct possibility that not only have they beaten you, but that they’ve also laughed at the fact you have the brain age of a sixty year old, (unless you are 60 in which case you’re excused!) The concept and execution of these games was not only sophisticated and beneficial, but also highly entertaining and addictive and for a long time there hasn’t been anything that even comes close…..until now.
Clear out your freezers and join us at Bristol Farms South Pasadena for a live Hatch chile roasting event! Unlike other chile varieties, New Mexico Hatch Chiles are only available for 6 weeks each year during the months of August and September. So, come get them while you can and get your fix!
South Pasadena – Saturday, September 1th
8:00am – 2:00pm
606 Fair Oaks Avenue
South Pasadena, CA 91030
Three exciting New Mexico Hatch Chile Roasting events are being held in front of selected Bristol Farms stores. Below are the locations, dates, and times in Southern California. Although we will be roasting in three locations only, product will be available in all stores starting August 15, 2012.
Manhattan Beach – Saturday & Sunday August 18th – 19th
8:00am – 2:00pm
1570 Rosecrans Ave.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
*Join us for a live radio broadcast Sunday, August 19th with Chef Jamie Gwen from 8 – 10am
Westchester – Saturday August 25th
8:00am – 2:00pm
8448 Lincoln Blvd.
Westchester, CA 90045
South Pasadena – Saturday, September 1st
8:00am – 2:00pm
606 Fair Oaks Avenue
South Pasadena, CA 91030
Newport Beach – Saturday & Sunday September 8th – 9th
8:00am – 2:00pm
810 Avocado Ave.
Newport Beach, CA 92660
*Join us for a live radio broadcast Sunday, September 9th with Chef Jamie Gwen from 8 – 10am
As the providers of the New Mexico Hatch chiles, Melissa’s Produce team will be on hand to help the roasting stations at each of the Bristol Farms select locations and available to answer questions about this exciting chile variety.
September could be a very busy month fopr Apple as rumors swirl about the new devices already in production and about to be released and announced in the coming weeks.
Apple’s first television product… Apple iTV is coming…
DudaMobile is perhaps best known for its ingenious flexible mobile website builder platform which has been developed to allow companies with existing online websites to easily and cheaply adapt them so that they are fully mobile-friendly. In doing so it has allowed thousands of customers to embrace new technological advances such as Smart and Android phones and touchpads.
The Duda Reseller Programme has been developed specifically with creative agencies, marketers and developers in mind who are impressed with the service that DudaMobile offer and would like to offer mobile websites as a premium service for its clients. Whether you regard it as a franchise arrangement, working as an agent, or merely an intermediary for a service that benefits all involved, it is a fantastic offer, especially when you consider the fee being asked.
With a Reseller Package price of just $199, those signing up benefit from:
Private Label Tools
Marketing and Platform Training Support
Priority Technical Support
Not to mention access to mobile website previews and simulator tools
DudaMobile is a forward thinking, intelligent and technologically advanced service that has been widely championed by a number of people, including this writer in this very blog. I would imagine that a significant number of people look at its creators with a great deal of envy that they did not come up with the idea themselves. Short of actually owning the company, this is the next best thing and if you are in a position to offer the service effectively, entering into the Duda Reseller Programme could be the best thing you could do.
Saturday, August 18 1 pm – 4 pm
GRAND WINE TASTING/ITALIAN MARKETPLACE
Discover how to host an authentic Italian feast from first sip to the sweet ending at our Italian Marketplace event. Every Italian meal begins with a heartfelt toast, and there’s no better place to find the perfect wine than World Market. We’ll be featuring an unbeatable selection of wines* from Italy’s top wine regions, as well as an assortment of critically acclaimed, award-winning wines from every corner of the globe. Then sample the sauces, condiments, pastas, sweets and more that will help complete your spread. World Market is fully stocked with all the tools you need to put together perfect pasta, create a personal pizza, brew a rich cup of espresso and set a table inspired by the opulence of Venice. Benvenuto! We look forward to sharing the secrets of Italy’s favorite flavors at this one-of-a-kind event.
*wine tasting not available at all locations
Daily Grill Burbank Object Found in Salad