Looking for some pictures of the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl….
Then look no further:
Events – The Rose Parade
Post Parade: A Showcase of Floats presented by Bayer Advanced
- January 1 & 2, 2010
- See Schedule Below
- End of Parade route on Sierra Madre Blvd.
- See Park & Ride shuttle locations below
- $10, free for children five and under
- *Ticket sales end at 3:00 p.m.; venue closes at 5:00 p.m.
- Advance Tickets: are available through Sharp Seating Company at (626) 795-4171. Tickets will also be available at the event box office and all Park-N-Ride locations.
- Street parking near the event is limited. See Park & Ride program below
Schedule & Info | Park & Ride | MTA Service | Directions
Viewing Tips | Audio Tour | 2011 Visitor’s Guide
|Jan 1, 2011||Jan 2, 2011||Jan 2, 2011|
|1:00pm – 5:00pm
|7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
(Senior Citizens & Disabled Visitors)
|9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Post Parade: A Showcase of Floats is a unique opportunity for the viewing public to step up close and see for themselves the majestic beauty and splendor of the floral floats. You can also download, on iTunes, a Tournament of Roses-produced audio tour of the floats to listen to as you view them. Please allow two hours for this breath-taking display and don’t forget your camera!
After every Rose Parade, the floral masterpieces are parked along Sierra Madre and Washington Boulevards in Pasadena and exhibited for visitors to walk by and see in close detail the design and workmanship that goes into these floats. Visitors are able to walk within a few feet of the floats and appreciate for themselves the creativity and the imagination of the floral displays. The Rose Parade floats have been a Pasadena tradition for over 100 years. Of course, White Suiters will be on hand to answer your many questions. Please come and enjoy the beauty and imagination of these floral creations.
A revised documentary on the making of a float, sponsored by Bayer Advanced, will be shown throughout the day in the 1600 seat auditorium adjacent to the Showcase Lot. Admission to the updated film is free with admission to Post Parade.
All bags are subject to search prior to entry into the venue. No pets, bicycles, skateboards, skates or Segways allowed.
Park & Ride Program
It is expected that close to 150,000 visitors will tour the Post Parade: A Showcase of Floats. Street parking near the event is limited. To accommodate our guests and to make each visit more enjoyable, The Tournament of Roses Association provides easy and convenient shuttle bus service from three Park-N-Ride locations. Shuttle riders have access to a priority entry line upon arriving at the venue.
Park-N-Ride Shuttle tickets are $3 for a round trip tickets, children 5 and younger ride free.
|Park & Ride Lot||Address/Location||Ticket Booth Hours|
|Rose Bowl||North Arroyo Blvd. & Seco St. – Parking Lot H||Jan. 2
6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (reserved for senior citizens and disabled guests)
8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
|Pasadena City College||1570 E. Colorado Blvd.
(enter off Del Mar Blvd. or Bonnie near corner of Hill St.)
12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
|Community Education Center||3035 E. Foothill Blvd.
Enter Foothill Ave., West of Sierra Madre Villa
12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
MTA/Gold Line Shuttle Service
The MTA offers shuttle service from the Sierra Madre Villa Gold Line Station on January 1st to the Post Parade venue beginning at 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm. Shuttle service from the Post Parade area back to the Sierra Madre Villa Station will continue to 5:30 pm. On January 2nd, shuttle service from the station to Post Parade Park begins at 7:00 am and ends at 2:30 pm. Service from the Post Parade venue to Sierra Madre Villa Station will continue to 5:30 pm.
During the hours of operation the shuttle buses will pick up every five to ten minutes from the station. Cost to ride is a regular fare plus a transfer.
Driving Directions for Post Parade Park & Ride
Shuttle Bus will be available on January 1st and 2nd
Pasadena City College, 1570 E. Colorado Blvd.
From 210 Fwy, exit Hill, turn left on Colorado, turn right on south Bonnie, go south to Del Mar Blvd. and follow the signs to the parking lot.
From 110 Fwy, North, take freeway until it ends in Pasadena. The freeway then becomes Arroyo Parkway. Make a right turn onto Del Mar Blvd. Continue east to Hill Ave. Follow the signs to the parking lot.
Community Education Center, 3035 E. Foothill Blvd.
From 210 Fwy, take exit toward San Gabriel Blvd. Turn slight left onto La Tierra St. Turn right onto North San Gabriel Blvd. Turn left onto Foothill Blvd.
From 110 Fwy North, exit Orange Grove Blvd. and turn left. Turn right onto California Blvd. Turn left onto Pasadena Avenue and merge onto 210 Fwy east. Take exit toward San Gabriel Blvd. Turn slight left onto La Tierra St. Turn right onto North San Gabriel Blvd. Turn left onto Foothill Blvd.
Rose Bowl Stadium, 1001 Rose Bowl Drive (January 2 ONLY)
From 210 Fwy West. Continue west through Pasadena on the 210 Freeway until you reach the 134 Freeway. Stay west on the 134 and exit on the Orange Grove Boulevard ramp, which will be your very first exit on the 134 Freeway. Turn right on to Orange Grove. Continue until you see the sign for the Rose Bowl. Turn left on Rosemont Avenue and drive down into the Bowl area. Follow the signs to parking lot H.
From 110 Fwy, North towards Pasadena. Exit at Orange Grove Boulevard. At the top of the exit ramp, turn left on to Orange Grove. Go north on Orange Grove passing California and Colorado Boulevards. Continuing you will pass over the 134 Freeway. After several blocks, look for the Rose Bowl sign. Turn left on Rosemont Avenue and drive down into the Bowl area. Follow the signs to parking lot H.
- As you enter the float viewing venue, pick up a brochure to help you understand the Post Parade layout. The brochure is also available at all Park-N-Ride locations.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes as there are no trams and seating is limited. Viewing all the floats will require walking a distance of approximately 2.5 miles and will take at least two hours.
- Keep in mind the venue is often crowded and you will be walking and viewing at a leisurely pace.
- The best time to visit Post Parade is during the early public viewing hours on January 2. At peak viewing times, you may wait in line to purchase tickets, ride the Park-N-Ride shuttle, or enter Post Parade.
- Skateboards, roller skates, bicycles, tricycles, Segways and wagons are not permitted. Please note that use of a stroller is difficult due to terrain.
- No animals are permitted within the venue (Service animals are the only exception).
- Remember to stay hydrated, particularly if the day is hot. Water is available free-of-charge at three locations within the park.
- There are a limited number of food vendors at the venue. However you are welcome to bring small quantities of food and non-alcoholic drinks into the venue. (no coolers, please).
- Before you begin viewing the floats, decide where you and your party will meet in case you are inadvertently separated and cannot communicate via cell phone. One choice is to meet near the Lost and Found tent at the intersection of Sierra Madre and Washington.
- There are two ATMs at the venue, sponsored by the Pasadena Federal Credit Union. ATMs are located near the West (Red) Gate and at the corner of Washington and Sierra Madre Boulevards.
- All strollers, backpacks, purses, bags, etc. are subject to search prior to entry into the Post Parade venue.
- We work with the Mount Wilson Vista Girl Scouts to recycle. Please deposit your recyclable items in the marked bins.
- Make sure to stay together! To avoid getting separated from your party designate a meeting place, and be sure to make sure you have everyone’s cell phone numbers
Float Audio Tour
The Tournament of Roses is currently offering a FREE audio tour of the floats featured in the 122nd Rose Parade. The Float Audio Tour can be downloaded from the “podcast” area on iTunes.
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association is a non-profit volunteer organization. Visitors are charged admission to help cover the cost of running the Post Parade: A Showcase of Floats. We thank you for your community support.