Green Tech Connect Forum
August 3-4, 2009
Pasadena — Green Tech Connect Forum. The Green Tech Connect Forum is part of the Helping Hand Initiative adopted by the South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD). The AQMD is recognized for its leadership as the premier air quality control agency in the nation. The Green Tech Connect Forum Where Partnerships Drive Green Innovation and Commercialization continues this tradition by creating a forum bringing together emerging green technology developers, government and the investment community.
For more info:
A printable agenda is also available in PDF format here. (revised 7-29-09)
Sunday, August 2, 2009
|2:00 pm – 4:00 pm||Special Pre-Conference Workshop for Entrepreneurs: “Tools to Develop a Green Technology Business Plan and Identify Funding”
– Stan Tomsic, Administrator, Business Technology Center, LA County
– Miguel Aguallo, Senior Analyst, Craton Equity Partners
– Jackie Weston, Analyst, Craton Equity Partners
– Heather McCormick, Pasadena Angels & McCormick Legal Advisors
|3:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Registration Check-in (Lobby)|
Monday, August 3, 2009
All sessions will be held in the Ballroom.
|7:00 am||Registration Check-In (Lobby)|
|7:30 am||Continental Breakfast/Exhibit Opens (Exhibit Hall A)|
|8:30 am – 9:00 am||Opening Plenary Session/Welcome
– William Burke, AQMD Board Chairman
– Karen Bass, California Assembly Speaker
– Mayor Bill Bogaard, City of Pasadena
– Fabian Nunez, Mercury Public Affairs
|9:00 am – 10:15 am||Overview Plenary Session
Moderator: Barry Wallerstein, AQMD, Executive Officer
– Dan Sperling, Director, Institute of Transportation
Studies, UC Davis and CARB Board Member
– Jeffrey Byron, Commissioner, Califonria Energy Commission
– Mayor Miguel Pulido, City of Santa Ana & AQMD Board Member
– Geraldine Knatz, Executive Director, Port of Los Angeles
|10:15 am – 10:45 am||Refreshment Break (Exhibit Hall A)|
|The following 11 sessions will include an overview by a technical expert followed by presentations from 5-7 featured Technology Partners. Each session will conclude with a Q&A period.|
|10:45 am – 12:00 pm||Session 1: Off-Road
Moderator: Michael Christensen, Deputy Executive Director, Port of Los Angeles
Technology Overview: Michael D. Jackson, TIAX
– Ki Nam, T3 Motion
– Balwinder Samra, Balqon Corporation
– Sandor Shapery, Innovative Transportation Systems Corporation
– Andrew W. Hayes, Fastransit, Inc.
– Bruce Dahnke, SkyTech Transportation
– Matthew F. Stewart, Advanced Cleanup Technologies, Inc
|12:00 pm – 1:30 pm||Luncheon & Venture Capital Roundtable
Speaker & Moderator: John Chiang, California State Controller
Speakers: Tom Soto, Managing Partner, Craton Equity Partners
Sven Strohband, Partner, Mohr Davidow Ventures
John Babcock, Partner, Rustic Canyon Partners
|1:30 pm – 2:45 pm||Session 2A: On-Road Light Duty
Moderator: Michael Antonovich, Los Angeles County Supervisor & AQMD Board Member
Technology Overview: Steve Albu, CARB
– John Mitton, NaturalDrive Partners, LLC
– John Sledge, BAF Technologies
– Pete Nortman, EnergyCS
– Joe Dalum, Odyne/DUECO
– Sanjeev Choudhary, A123Systems
– Tom Gage, AC Propulsion, Inc.
|Session 2B: Energy Efficiency/Green Building
Moderator: Jan Perry, Los Angeles City Councilmember & AQMD Board Member
Technology Overview: John Picard, John Picard & Associates
– Jon Slangerup, ClearEdge Power
– Brad Jacobson, EHDD Architecture
– Richard Butler, EnLink Geoenergy Services, Inc.
– Glen Finkel, PURETi, Inc.
– Michel Kohanim, Universal Devices
– Tom Faust, Redwood Renewables
|2:45 pm – 4:00 pm||Session 3A: On-Road Heavy Duty
Moderator: Tonia Reyes Uranga, Long Beach City Councilmember & AQMD Board Member
Technology Overview: Bill Van Amburg, CALSTART
– Jim Moore, Emissions Solutions, Inc.
– Alex Bernasconi, ISE Corp.
– Jorge Villanueva, Pacoima Beautiful
– Lawrence Weisdorn, Vision Industries
– Ron Pope, Waste Management
– Mike Gallagher, Westport Innovations
|Session 3B: Power Generation & Smart Grid
Moderator: Ed Kjaer, Director, Southern California Edison
Technology Overview: Scott Samuelsen, UCI
– Tom Mason, Advanced Power Projects, Inc.
– Edan Prabhu, FlexEnergy, LLC
– Vijay Parmar, GainSpan Corporation
– Karen Bertram, International Environmental Solutions, Inc.
– Daniel K. Moscaritolo, Remediation Earth, Inc.
– Rick Cutright, Plug Power, Inc.
|4:00 pm – 4:15 pm||Refreshment Break (Exhibit Hall A)|
|4:15 pm – 5:30 pm||Session 4A: Emission Control
Moderator: Joseph Lyou, California Environmental Rights Alliance & AQMD Board Member
Technology Overview: Joe Kubsh, MECA
– Ken Boshart, Boshart Engineering, Inc.
– Scott Ruhlen, Cummins Cal Pacific
– Jeff Valmus, Emerachem Power
– Richard Carlson, Extengine, Inc.
– Charlie Cox, Ironman
Financial Overview: Joe Platnick, Pasadena Angels
|Session 4B: Consumer Products
Moderator: Michael Cacciotti, South Pasadena City Councilmember & AQMD Board Member
Technology Overview: Lauren Heine, Clean Production Action
– Dana Autenrieth, Benjamin Moore & Co.
– Martin Wolf, Seventh Generation
– Don Lloyd, Waxie Sanitary Supply
– Tom Hughes, Neuton
Financial Overview: Nikhil Jain, Artilient Labs
|5:30 pm – 7:30 pm||Evening Reception (Exhibit Hall A)
(Hors d’oeuvres will be served, and beverages coutesy of CleanTech Sponsor, Clean Energy)
Book Signing by Dan Sperling
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
|7:00 am||Registration Check-in (Lobby)|
|7:30 am||Continental Breakfast/Exhibit Open (Exhibit Hall A)|
|8:45 am – 10:00 am||Session 5: Battery and Storage
Moderator: Matt Miyasato, AQMD Assistant Deputy Executive Officer
Technology Overview: Mark Duvall, EPRI
Kristen Heisel, AeroVironment, Inc.
Dina Predisik, City of Anaheim
Chandler Williamson, Pentadyne Power Corp.
Paul Beach, Quallion, LLC
Randy Grow, Simbol Mining
Financial Overview: Jeff Leonard, Global Environment Fund
|10:00 am – 10:30 am||Refreshment Break (Exhibit Hall A)|
|10:30 am – 11:45 am||Session 6: Solar/Wind
Moderator: Sue Kateley, Executive Director, CALSEIA
Technology Overview: James Caldwell, Los Angeles DWP
– Paul Glenney, AeroVironment, Inc.
– Matt Langley, Clipper Windpower, Inc.
– Enid Joffe, Clean Fuel Connection, Inc.
– Leesa Lee, Enphase Energy, Inc.
– Philippe Hartley, Phat Energy, Inc.
– Rob Campell, Solar Integrated Technologies, Inc.
|11:45 am – 1:15 pm||Luncheon & Economic Roundtable
Moderator: Bob McCormick, CBS2 & KCAL9
Speakers: Jack Kyser, Founding Economist, Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation
Stephen Levy, Director and Senior Economist, Center for Continuing Study of California Economy (CCSCE)
Lisa M. Grobar, Director, Cal State Univ., Long Beach Economic Forecast Project
|1:15 pm – 2:30 pm||Session 7: Biofuels
Moderator: John Boesel, President, CALSTART
Technology Overview: Paul Wuebben, AQMD Clean Fuels Officer
– Matt Horton, Propel Fuels
– Rahul Iyer, Primafuel
– Steve Wilburn, Firm Green, Inc.
– Jeffrey Sherman, GRT, Inc.
– Ted Kniesche, Fulcrum BioEnergy, Inc.
– Norm Sendler, Microgy
|2:30 pm – 3:45 pm||Session 8: Gaseous Fuels
Moderator: Bill Zobel, Manager, Sempra Energy Utilities
Technology Overview: Robert Bienenfeld, American Honda Motor Co.
– Kevin Markey, Applied LNG Technologies, Inc.
– Michael Eaves, Clean Energy
– Robert Weiermair, Earth Energy Fuels
– Mario Pirraglia, IMPCO Technologies, Inc.
– Doug Weaver, Weaver, Inc.
Financial Overview: Alex Kinnier, Khosla Ventures
|3:45 pm||Door Prize Drawing & Conference Adjourns|