Facebook Cloned Account Profile How to Prevent and Report
Facebook cloning of accounts has been going on for years, recently the number of people who have had their accounts cloned appears to be increasing. Although Facebook is not reporting any stats you probably know someone who has had their Facebook account cloned.
Some tips for preventing your facebook account from getting cloned include the following.
- Post on your facebook page so your friends will know not to accept friend requests from anyone attempting to send friend requests to all your existing friends.
- Change profile and cover pics regularly
- Privacy options, change them so only your friends can see your photo albums.
- Privacy options, change so only friends can see your posts.
- Very important delete “friends” you really don’t know.
- And do not accept friend requests from people you don’t know.
Reporting fake or cloned accounts is important. You can report a fake or cloned profile by clicking on the bottom right of the cover photo and select “Report” and follow directions from there.