Pasadena Public Safety Commission – Special Meeting on Police Oversight Today 6/4 (2pm)
Good morning Pasadena stakeholders and contacts,
- What: Pasadena Public Safety Committee – Special Meeting
- When: Thursday, June 4th (2pm start)
- Videoconference: Per agenda it should be livestreamed on www.pasadenamedia.org
- Meeting Agenda: Agenda Item #1 – includes 2015 staff report on options
- How to submit Public Comment: Public comment can be submitted via the City’s online form. Simply select “Public Safety Committee”, agenda item 1. Please note that if you would like your comment to be read aloud to the Committee Members you will need to check that box on the online form submit your online response shortly AFTER the meeting has begun (2pm). Here is the form URL: www.cityofpasadena.net/
MEMORIAL VIGIL AT HOME TONIGHT. Passing this along,
Please forward to friends
Peaceful, silent protest from home.
This Wednesday June 3rd, at 9:00 pm, for exactly 8 min and 46 seconds, let’s go outside our homes and shine a flashlight into the sky. That’s the amount of time that Floyd had a knee on his neck, pleading for his life.
All we need to do is to go outdoors (rooftop, front yard, back yard, street, any place outdoors) and turn on a flashlight, or emergency light, and point it to the sky for exactly 8 min and 46 seconds starting at exactly 9:00 pm.
Let’s get the entire city of Los Angeles to do it, let’s show that we, the people, can come together peacefully, even when we are forced to be apart. Let’s show that we care, and that we DEMAND change.
A light in the dark symbolizes hope, and I hope that we can incite change with a simple, yet powerful 8 min and 46 seconds gesture. It really takes nothing to join this at-home protest and we can make the city of LA bright.
Wednesday June 3rd, will be 9 days from Floyd’s murder. He lost his life in almost 9 minutes by police unnecessary brutality. Let’s come together and peacefully show that it’s not okay and that we demand change.