President Obama will be in Southern California for various fund raising events.
The president’s itinerary for Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2012 includes(source CBS):
- After 3:00 p.m.: Arrival at LAX
- Between 3:45 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.: Helicopter from LAX to VA Hospital in West L.A.
- Between 4:15 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.: Motorcade through the Westside to Beverly Hills fundraiser (Sunset & Wilshire likely affected)
- Between 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.: Motorcade back to Beverly Hilton
Thursday Feb 16 in Corona del Mar / Newport Beach Areas
Only scheduled event on Thursday, Feb. 16, is a breakfast at the home of Jeff and Nancy Stack in Corona del Mar at 7:00 a.m.
According to the Obama campaign’s website, tickets for the exclusive event range from $10,000 for a photo reception and breakfast to $35,800 for breakfast and a meet-and-greet.
Unclear whether the president will travel by motorcade or helicopter to Newport Beach. But while in Laguna this past weekend one of the presidents helicopters was spotted flying over and we picked this up online form the Newport Beach Police traffic advisory bulletin.
Newport Beach Police Department
Public Information Office
870 Santa Barbara Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Phone: (949) 644-3662
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRESS RELEASE #120214
Kathy Lowe, Press Information Officer (949) 644-3270
Due to a visit from President Barack Obama, the Newport Beach Police Department will be closing the following streets to parking and vehicular traffic on Thursday, February, 16, from 6 a.m. to Noon.
· Seaward Road from East Coast Highway to Driftwood Road
· Evening Canyon Road from Morning Canyon Road to Shorecliff Road
· Driftwood Road from Morning Canyon to Shorecliff Road
· Morning Canyon Road from East Coast Highway to Shorecliff Road
· Shorecliff Road
Vehicles parked on the street between 6 a.m. – Noon will be towed
The Newport Beach Police Department would like to thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during the above listed time frames.