Alibaba Leases 22,000 Sq Ft in Pasadena Playhouse Plaza
After looking at space on the West Coast, Alibaba decided on Pasadena. This is a major victory for Pasadena’s tech sector.
Alibaba is the largest ecommerce company on the planet.
Alibaba, raised $25 billion in their U.S. IPO.
- Taobao Marketplace (www.taobao.com), China’s largest online shopping destination
- Tmall.com (www.tmall.com), China’s largest third-party platform for brands and retailers
- Juhuasuan (www.juhuasuan.com), China’s most popular online group buying marketplace
- Alitrip (www.alitrip.com), a leading online travel booking platform
- AliExpress (www.aliexpress.com), a global online marketplace for consumers to buy directly from China
- Alibaba.com (www.alibaba.com), China’s largest global online wholesale platform for small businesses
- 1688.com (www.1688.com), a leading online wholesale marketplace in China
- Aliyun (www.aliyun.com), a provider of cloud computing services to businesses and entrepreneurs
What Alibaba will use the space for is still not known. Some speculate it could be a combination of different divisions, and perhaps some Yahoo related business.
Shares of Alibaba(BABA) closed at 85.24 today up .07. The stock has been struggling on the NYSE after reaching a high of $120 in November 2014.
BisNow reported on May 1, 2015 that Alibaba was looking at space.
We hope that Alibaba opening offices in Pasadena will lead to exciting new developments with the ever increasing tech community in Pasadena.
Alibaba Pasadena Offices
680 Colorado Blvd.