11th Annual City of Santa Monica
AltCar Expo and Ride & Drive
Sept.16 – 17, 2016 • 10 AM – 5 PM
Santa Monica Civic East Wing & Parking lot
• Special West Coast appearance by journalist Dan Neil — Filmmaker Chris Paine will present the first annual AltCar Disrupter Award to journalist Dan Neil for his refusal to accept the status quo from the transportation industry.
• 10th Anniversary Celebration and speakers panel for “Who Killed The Electric Car” followed by a screening of the film.
• Sue Carpenter, KPCC, in discussion with key policy makers and OEMs.
• Garret Wong, City of Santa Monica presents, Charging the Block: A Discussion on supporting EVs in Santa Monica”
Honda Clarity Fuel Cell — First Public Ride-and-Drive!
Be the first to see the West Coast debut of the all-new 2017 Optima Plug-In Hybrid
Pre-Register on-line – https://www.altcarexpo.com/#!
AltCarExpo.Com | 310-390-2930
710 Tunnel Pasadena Community Meeting
The public is invited to a community meeting on the proposed 710 tunnel project at the Pasadena Convention Center Ballroom, 300 E. Green Street, 6:30-8 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 15, 2016.
Sponsored by Councilmember Steve Madison, the event-“The Pasadena Way … Or Their Highway”-will cover topics of connectivity, clean air, the tunnel, trucks and tolls.
There will be free, 90-minute parking, with validation, available across the street at the Paseo Colorado garage.
Featured speakers include:
The meeting will be broadcast live by Pasadena Media on KPAS, Pasadena’s government cable access channel, found on Channel 3 for Charter subscribers and Channel 99 on the AT& T U-verse system. The meeting will also stream live on the Pasadena Media website, www.pasadenamedia.tv and the City’s website at www.cityofpasadena.net/Media. The event will be recorded for re-broadcast several times during the month of September.
iOS 10 Download and Update Notes
Expect the update to be available starting around 10am PST.
Apple stock approaches $110 per share on record pre-orders over the weekend with Sprint and T-Mobile reporting record sales.
iOS 10 is the biggest release of iOS ever. A massive update to Messages brings the power of the App Store to your conversations and makes messaging more personal than ever. Find your route with beautifully redesigned Maps. Relive memories like never before in Photos. Use the power of Siri in more apps than ever. A new Home app to make controlling your home even easier. And all-new Music and News.
iOS 10 introduces new features and improvements including:
- Messages lets you express yourself in new ways and access your favorite apps right in your conversations
- Siri now works with apps from the App Store to send messages, make phone calls, and more
- Maps comes with an all new look and extensions to make reservations and book a ride
- Photos is all-new with intelligent search making it easier to find people, places and more as well as new and beautiful ways to rediscover your memories
- Home is a new app that lets you simply and securely manage your home automation products in one place
- Apple Music has an all-new design, bringing greater clarity and simplicity to every aspect of the experience
- Apple News has an all-new design adding bold typography, vibrant color, and distinct sections that make it easier to find stories on specific topics
- Accessing the information you need is easier and quicker with a redesigned Lock Screen and deeper 3D Touch integration
- QuickType keyboard adds new emoji, multi-lingual typing, and contextual predictions that leverage deep neural network technology
- Suggested events and contact details are added to apps based on information found in Mail
Saturday, September 10, 2016 to Sunday, September 11, 2016
Presented by: La Grande Orange
Hatch Chile Roast
The fiery aroma of freshly roasted Hatch green chiles will welcome visitors to La Grande Orange during the weekend of September 10-11, when Young Guns Produce Co. from Hatch, New Mexico showcases their chiles’ unique flavor, buttery texture, and heat. Honor the Hatch spirit and participate in this farm-to-table, authentic once-a-year New Mexico experience with friends and family. Onsite roasting takes places outside the doors of the restaurant in custom-built roaster.
LGO chefs have also created a special menu and guests will be able to bring a little piece of New Mexico home with them – packages of fresh roasted chiles will be available for purchase. Roasted chiles can be used immediately or frozen for later.
Free and open to all
260 S. Raymond Avenue
… SAVE THE DATE …
Artisanal LA Fall Show
October 22 + 23
11am – 6pm
TICKETS ON SALE SEPT 7th
+ NEW / LOCATION!
California Market Center – CMC Penthouse DTLA
9th & Main
Los Angeles, CA
+ NEW / FREE TWO DAY ADMISSION!