Tour festive Holiday Window Decor Friday, November 27 through Sunday, December 27
This update contains improvements and bug fixes including:
- Apple Music improvements
- You can now create a new playlist when adding a song to a playlist
- Your most recently changed playlist is now listed at the top when adding songs to playlists
- Download albums or playlists from your iCloud Music Library by tapping the iCloud download button
- See which songs have been downloaded with the new download indicator next to each song in My Music and Playlists
- See works, composers, and performers while browsing Classical music in the Apple Music catalog
- A new Top Stories section in News so you can stay up to date with the most important news of the day (available in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia)
- Mail Drop in Mail for sending large attachments
- iBooks now supports 3D Touch to peek and pop pages from the table of contents, your notes and bookmarks, or from search results inside a book
- iBooks now supports listening to an audiobook while you browse your library, read other books, or explore the iBooks Store
- iPhone support for the USB Camera Adapter to import photos and videos
- Improved stability of Safari
- Improved stability of Podcasts
- Fixing an issue that caused mail attachments to be inaccessible for some users with POP email accounts
- Resolving an issue for some users that caused attachments to overlap text in mail
- Fixing an issue where Live Photos could have turned off after restoring from a previous iCloud backup
- Addressing an issue that could cause search in Contacts to display no results
- Resolving an issue that could have prevented Calendar from displaying all seven days in week view
- Fixing an issue where Camera screen on iPad could be black when attempting to capture video
- Addressing an issue that could cause instability in the Activity app when viewing the day of Daylight Savings Time transition
- Fixing an issue that could prevent data from appearing in Health
- Fixing an issue that could prevent Wallet updates and Lock screen alerts from displaying
- Addressing an issue where updating iOS could prevent an alarm from going off
- Fixing an issue where some users were unable to login to Find my iPhone
- Fixing an issue that prevented some manual iCloud Backups from completing
- Addressing an issue where using the iPad keyboard could unintentionally trigger text selection mode
- Improved keyboard responsiveness when using Quick Reply
- Improved punctuation input on the 10-key Chinese (Pinyin & Stroke) keyboards with new expanded view of punctuation symbols and better predictions
- Fixing an issue on Cyrillic keyboards where caps lock would be enabled when typing in URL or email fields
- Accessibility improvements
- Fixing issues with VoiceOver when using Camera face detection
- Adding support for VoiceOver to wake up the screen
- Adding support for VoiceOver to invoke app switcher with 3D Touch gesture
- Fixing an issue with Guided Access when trying to end phone calls
- Improved functionality for Switch Control users when using 3D Touch
- Fixing an issue with speech rate of Speak Screen
- Siri support for Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
Norovirus suspected at Chipotle visited by 80 sick Boston College Students.
Chipotle already dealing with e. coli breakouts.
Apple Smart Battery Case for iPhone 6/6s
Does it work?
Not the best you can get for $99.
Will not get you to a full charge.
Battery level of case can be seen on screen.
Tiny led light inside the case.
You can’t control like the mophie.
If you watched or attended the Pasadena Public Safety meeting held Dec 7, 2015 started around 5:30pm and was done at nearly midnight. At least two dozen speakers waited to speak until 10pm to express support for Pasadena Police and Chief Sanchez, but just as many raised questions and were critical of the council members, safety committee, City Manager Michael Beck and Police Chief Sanchez faced a barrage of questions from councilmembers and members of the public.
This is some of the video where tensions between Councilmember Hampton and Councilmember Madison. Councilmember Hampton responding to Councilmember Madison regarding some of his comments and they way he was addressed.
Here’s some of the meeting video:
Several including councilmember Hampton repeatedly questioned the intent of the OIR report to be released to the public in its entirety, but at the same time City Manager Beck and Police Chief Sanchez, explained that the scope of the agreement with the OIR Group, who wrote the report had a specific direction to provide recommendations, that the details of the event was not the primary focus. Councilmember Kennedy, Chair of the Public Safety Committee read the contract which is public. We have requested the agreement.
It is The OIR report was released with redactions proposed by the city and approved by LA County Superior Court Judge James C. Chalfant.
An appellate court ruled that some of the redactions went too far in protecting criticism of the Pasadena Police rather than confidential personnel information. Chalfant ordered the city to file the report again with less redactions by Dec. 1
In 2009 there was a deadly shooting in Pasadena, with a OIR report being written by the same OIR Group which authored the McDade OIR report. With the Barnes shooting report, there was no redactions and there is controversy as to wether or not it was “accidentally” released to the public by then Pasadena Police Chief Melikian.
Officers (Matthew) Griffin and (Jeffrey) Newlen received no disciplinary action as a result of their actions.
Police Chief Bernard Melekian
In 2009, Pasadena Police Chief and President of the CA Police Chiefs Association Bernard Melekian discusses the impacts to public safety if the state borrows local government funding.
Bibliobules : Bookish Wonderland (LIVE EVENT)
The word Bibliobules describes people who read too much. We believe that one can never read too much which is why we created Bibliobules. We’re a bookish community, featuring both known and unknown authors both online and at our live events. www.bibliobules.com
Featured Authors to Meet:
- NY Times & USA Today Best Selling Author Melanie Shawn
- Best Selling Author Jan Moran
- NY Times & USA Today Best Selling Author Julie Prestsater
- Amazon Best Selling Author Martha Sweeney
- Amazon Best Selling Author Elisa Marie Hopkins
- Author Thomas Sweeney
- Author Melissa A. Hanson
The first OFFICIAL Biblibules Live Event will take place December 12, 2015 in Pasadena, California for any book lover.
**Since we have a young adult author, any attendee who is under the age of 21 MUST BE accompanied by an adult (21+ in age) since there will be alcohol served at the venue.
During the event, you’ll be able to buy and/or have your books signed by the authors, receive free gifts and swag, mingle with fellow book lovers while having drinks and snacks as music plays so you can dance, giveaways of books and other items and so much more. Only 200 tickets are available, so hurry up and get your tickets now. There is a $20 early bird special on all tickets through EventBrite ($30 at the door); only 30 tickets to be a Bibliobules Support for $75 that gets you special access and gifts (reg. $100).
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Attendees must be 17+ years of age and anyone under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult (21+ in age).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There is public parking structures nearby (within walking distance) as well as the Memorial Park Station (Metro Goldline) just one block from the event.
What can/can’t I bring to the event?
Dress your best – it is a party. You may bring your cell phones for communication and any camera type of device to take pictures. Please do not bring outside promotional materials.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact us on FB, TW, IG or our website.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
If you are unable to attend the event, you may offer them to another person who is at least 21+ years old. PLEASE contact Bibliobules immediately so we can mark our attendee list with their name.
Can I update my registration information?
You can update your registraiton information at any time here on Eventrbrite.
Melissa A. Hanson
Elisa Marie Hopkins
3 days of celebration in the heart of Pasadena leading up to the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game.
FREE and open to the public on December 29-31 #ImLiveonGreen
Pasadena Councilmember Steve Madison Presents a Community Forum: Are You Prepared for El Niño 2016?
18 years since the last El Nino.
From a super drought to a godzilla El Nino.
Last 4 years less than 30 inches of rain, driest 4 years in recent history.
McDade Shooting Report OIR Pasadena Police Chief Sanchez
Chief Sanchez will be presenting and reporting.
The public is welcomed to comment during the open comment session.
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE and/or CITY COUNCIL
5:30 p.m. – Monday, December 7, 2015
PASADENA CITY HALL – COUNCIL CHAMBER ROOM S249
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a special meeting of the Public Safety Committee and/or City Council will be held Monday, December 7, 2015 at 5:30 p.m. in the COUNCIL CHAMBER ROOM S249, at City of Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Ave., Pasadena, California
RESPONSE TO RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE OIR GROUP’S REPORT TO THE CITY OF PASADENA CONCERNING THE OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING OF KENDREC MCDADE*
Recommendation: This report is for information only, no action by the Public Safety Committee or the City Council is requested at this time.
ATTACHMENTS A thru B
ATTACHMENTS C thru H
EXHIBIT I (Click on link below)
JOHN J. KENNEDY, Councilmember
Chair, Public Safety Committee
PASADENA, Calif. —The Iowa Hawkeyes are headed to Pasadena to play in the Rose Bowl for the first time since 1991.
Kirk Ferentz’s outfit will square off with Stanford Cardinal, the Pac-12 champions, in the 2015 installment of the historic Rose Bowl game.
No. 5 Iowa vs. No. 6 Stanford
The game is scheduled to kick off at 4 p.m. CT and will be televised by ESPN.
Additional tickets for the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual will go on sale this Tuesday, December 8 at 8 a.m. PT/11 a.m. ET. Tickets will be available online at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-653-8000.
You can also buy tickets here:
1. AceTicket: Tickets Still Available Starting at $900
2. Box OfficeTicket Sales: Tickets Available starting at $461
3. VividSeats.com Tickets still available, price from $545
4. ScoreBig: No Tickets Pending