Free rides will begin at 12 noon and will last until midnight on Saturday, March 5. Free rides were originally offered only until 4 p.m. Saturday. Metro extended free ride hours to enable even more people to travel freely to and from opening day events. Free rides will only be available on the Gold Line between East Los Angeles and Azusa. All other Metro Rail and Bus services will require regular fares. Riders should be aware that Metro is still operating shuttle bus services between Pico/Aliso and Union Station due to construction work for the Regional Connector rail project in Downtown L.A.
Community station party events will have fun-filled activities for the entire family and will include live music, local business booths and food vendors. Train service along the Gold Line Extension will begin at 12 noon. Please plan accordingly. Station parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. Community station parties will be held at following stations:
- Duarte/City of Hope Station, 1777 E. Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010. Opening ceremony starts at 10 a.m. Station Party: 12 noon to 4 p.m.
- Arcadia Station, 201 N. First Avenue, Arcadia, CA 91006. Station Party: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monrovia Station, 1651 S. Primrose Avenue, Monrovia, CA 91016. Station Party: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Azusa Downtown Station, 780 N. Alameda Avenue, Azusa, CA 91702. Station Party: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Irwindale Station, 16017 Avenida Padilla, Irwindale, CA 91702. Station Party: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.