October 13, 2014
It is with a very heavy heart that we inform you that Larry Bressler, Chefs Center’s Director of Operations, died tragically this morning.
Larry was an esteemed and well regarded member of our team and the community at large. He will be greatly missed.
Chefs Center will continue to operate as normal, which we know Larry would want. We will provide you with more information as it comes available.
Media outlets carrying the stories include https://www.nbclosangeles.com/
There is a planned special event to honor Larry Bressler at Chefs Center on October 26, 2014, see email from Chefs Center:
Dear Friends of Larry,
Our hearts are still heavy as we continue to deal with the sudden and tragic loss of Larry and Denise. They were greatly appreciated by all. Your responses were filled with shock and pain as well as admiration and respect as noted in a sample of your responses below.
We will have a special event to honor Larry and Denise on Sunday, October 26 at 3 pm at Chefs Center. More details will follow. We really hope you will attend. Please save the date.
- Oh my God, I am devastated! I dropped my phone when I read this.
- This is just TOO horribly sad for words!
- I was shocked, heartbroken, and speechless. I cannot believe this!!!!!
- I’m without words at hearing this devastating news.
- Oh my God, I’m in shock, and so incredibly sad.
- Oh my goodness! Shocking! Can’t believe it. He was such a good man.
- The food world has lost a great man today.
- Larry was an amazing man, with a big heart and lot of compassion for other, I’m going to miss him
- Larry was beloved by his coworkers and students, you will have plenty of representation from Le Cordon Bleu.
- Larry was a great guy and a huge asset to the community.
- Larry was always so kind and helpful to me as a newbie baker there at Chefs Center.
On behalf of the Chefs Center family,
Joe Colletti, PhD