Silver Lake Jubilee ~ A Community Event
Saturday, May 26th – Sunday, May 27th
12:00 PM – 10:00 PM | Various, see website
The third annual Jubilee street festival, LA’s premier music, arts and food festival, will be held in Silver Lake on Memorial Day Weekend—May 26–27, 2012—at the Sunset Junction (Santa Monica Blvd. and Sunset Blvd.). The Jubilee features the city’s best selection of bands, comedy, literature, artists, food trucks and shopping and encourages a lifelong engagement with the arts to all its visitors.
The 2012 Jubilee will feature 35+ bands, 15+ food trucks, 75+ craft vendors, 40+ comedians and performers, as well as beer, wine and mixed drinks. There will also be a free community block party! Come celebrate the arts with the Jubilee!
Come party in the streets!
- 35+ bands, including emerging, local and national touring acts
- A comedy showcase
- Nationally-recognized literary readings
- Craft vendors
- LA’s famous gourmet food trucks
- Beer, wine and mixed drinks
- FREE Community block party
This year we’ve planned our most ambitious Jubilee yet and wanted to show you where your money’s going. The Jubilee is a production of the Los Angeles Arts & Athletics Alliance (LAAAA), which invests in the LA arts community driven by a few initiatives that guide the Jubilee’s production:
- Supporting musicians and artists
- Leading festivals in environmental sustainability
- Contributing to local schools and community organizations
- Hosting a Free Community Block Party
- Producing a fun and safe event
LAAAA is a not-for-profit, charitable organization formed under Section 501(c)3 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code