The Internet of Things, Arduinos and the “Maker Entreprene
ur” PLUS after-prog ram discussion
William Li presents a new way to think about cancer treatment: angiogenesis, targeting the blood vessels that feed a tumor. The crucial first (and best) step: Eating cancer-fighting foods that beat cancer at its own game.
Working with Dean Ornish
Soy Extract is the best food-based item on the list
Resveratrol – Resveratrol product or information please email email@example.com
To raise money for the national and Southern California USO programs to support our military and their family.
Harley-Davidson had become an official corporate sponsor of the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and Oliver Shokouh- the young owner of a fledgling Harley-Davidson dealership in Glendale decided to put together a fund raising event and hold it back behind his little shop. Despite such exciting attractions as a dunk tank, a softball toss and target shooting, the first annual Biker’s Carnival only raised $1500 for MDA. Not exactly an auspicious beginning.
Still, Oliver was determined. Word would get out, he thought, and he would work a little harder and the second annual Biker’s Carnival would be bigger and better…
see more here:
The Love Ride is the longest-running motorcycle fundraising event in the world and has raised $24 million for charity in 28 years. Leno will be joined by celebrity motorcyclists who in past years have included Steven Tyler, Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, Robert Patrick, Lorenzo Lamas, Ann-Margret, Nancy Sinatra, Larry Hagman, Willie G. Davidson, and hundreds of others. The USO is the preferred veterans charity of many celebrities, including Charlie Sheen who just this week donated $1 million to the USO.
Love Ride participants—which have exceeded 20,000 in past years—will sign-up at Harley-Davidson of Glendale before arriving at Castaic Lake for a trade show, bike show, stunt show, food truck fair, and a concert featuring Jackson Browne, jacksh*t, Chevy Metal, The Loveless, and special guests. Past performers have included Bruce Springsteen, Foo Fighters, B.B. King, ZZ Top, Sheryl Crow, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Sammy Hagar, and many others.
The Love Ride was founded in 1984 by Oliver Shokouh, the owner of Harley-Davidson of Glendale, with 400 motorcyclists who raised $42,000 for charity.
Love Ride 30 is supported by the 22-dealership Southern California Harley-Davidson Dealers Association and numerous major sponsors to be announced. Participants can register now at LoveRide.org for just $20. The minimum fundraising commitment to ride and join the party is only $60, which can also be paid in full during registration, with no fundraising required. The $60 from every participant includes a Love Ride 30 pin, patch and one opportunity ticket; there are more prizes at different levels of fundraising. For registration and more information about Love Ride 30, go to www.loveride.org or Harley-Davidson of Glendale at 3717 San Fernando Road in Glendale, California.
- 3717 San Fernando Road
- Glendale, California 91204
Bodega Pasadena Grand Re-Opening Party!
bodega wine bar | 260 e. colorado blvd. | pasadena | CA | 91101
Apple’s invitation for the Oct. 22 event, apparently has a lot of announcements to cover at the San Francisco event starting at 10am PST, 1pm EST.
A new type of iPad is coming, possible the iPad 5.
A new iPad mini,
A new version of its larger iPad.
20% thinner and 30% to 50% lighter.
A new line of MacBook Pro laptops that will have Intel’s Haswell chips inside to increase battery life.
Details of its new OS X Mavericks operating system
A new Mac Pro desktop computer.
A software developer kit, or SDK, for its Apple TV set-top box.
This would let developers write applications for the platform, a stepping-stone to iTV, which has predicted for some time now.
See live streaming from the Apple event here.
Turn QR Code Into A Payment Gateway
– Scan To Pay
Connect real world with universe
Scan is an app that can scan barcodes
Windows, iPhone, Android
Free app, introduced pay for feature
Simple choices to begin with
Link to face
QR code to purchase code
51 million downloads
27 million who used app and scanned in one month
Nobody was executing
The competition built half the table.
Users can build the
Focusing on monetization
Keeping the user side free, pay a monthly fee for keeping QR code live.
Has made $30k / mo for the past few months.
What is the future?
Has raised $8.7 million
Why are they here?
Update your PC.
Customize your Start screen.
Make your Start screen your personalized home with news, weather, social networks and your favorite apps. Customizable colors and backgrounds and four different sizes of tiles make your device as unique as you are*.
Apps for every occasion.
Download thousands of popular apps from the Windows Store, including Netflix, ESPN, Skype and Angry Birds. Apps for email and photo and video editing are included.
Your familiar desktop.
From the Start screen, you are just a click away from the familiar Windows desktop you know and love so you can do the stuff you’ve always done**.
Your files, always with you.
Stay connected to your photos and important files and access them on your phone, tablet or PC with SkyDrive.
Multitasking made easy.
It’s easy to do more at once. Snap multiple apps side by side in a single view for easy multitasking*.
Search and browse more securely.
Internet Explorer 11 comes with added security features to keep your web browsing experience safe, secure and private.
Find Windows 8 on a huge selection of stylish and portable devices with impressive battery life, more security and faster startup. Choose from tablets, PCs, convertibles and more.
Update your PC.
- * Some features require Windows 8.1. Update available through Windows Store. Internet access required; fees may apply.
- ** Don’t forget, Office is not included with your Windows PC.
Microsoft is rolling out Windows 8.1 as a free upgrade for all Windows 8 users. But installing the new OS may not be as simple as it sounds, particularly for those with multiple computers to manage or those who installed the earlier Windows 8.1 Preview.
If you are already running Windows 8.1 you can select the Start – Store -there you will most likely see several updates including Windows 8.1. Be sure to do all updates before starting the 8.1. update, maybe also remove any possible conflicting add ons as well.
When buying second hand goods, it’s important to take the time to review some basic precautions, whether you’re getting items from a shop, a private seller, or online. You need to be aware of when a deal may be suspicious, while also knowing what your rights are and what options are available when dealing with Cash In Hand Pawnbrokers and other institutions. What, then, are some of the things that you should be focusing on when dealing with second hand goods?
- Primarily, you should be wary of any second hand goods that are intended to be used as safety devices; this means being careful about headgear, helmets, and child car seats, which tend to be one-use only items, and not recommended for second hand sale. While you may find that these items haven’t been used before, it’s difficult to really know, and you’re likely to be taking a risk if you buy second hand goods that don’t have a verifiable history.
- Moreover, you should check to see whether any tools or electronics that you buy second hand come with their original instructions; this can be crucial if you’re buying power tools that require certain safety procedures to be followed. You also need to ensure that second hand furniture still has a label that identifies items as being compliant with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) Safety Regulations 1988. Buying from reputable pawnbrokers and other second hand dealers can reduce your risk of buying an unsafe item.
- It’s also important to be aware of your rights as a consumer when dealing in second hand items. You’re still covered by the Sale of Goods Act 1979, which means that you can contest how an item was promoted as being different from what you actually bought. You can also take advantage of a seven day cooling off period for goods, and credit card protection on losses. A good seller should put information about your rights in an easily accessible place.
- There are some exceptions, though, which mostly apply to buying goods at an auction. As well as following common sense in terms of not over-bidding on items that you’re unsure about, you need to remember that the Sale of Goods Act can be waived. An auctioneer will typically declare that an item is to be sold as seen, which if accepted by a buyer, represents a clearly stated level of risk. Some auction houses will provide an indemnity insurance policy, though, if you do have second thoughts about your purchase.When buying second hand items online, it’s crucial to be cautious about who you’re dealing with. Make sure that you’re not being asked to transfer money without guarantees of purchase, and that all information on tax is available if you’re importing something into the country. You should also be wary about disclosing bank details, and of knowing when a seller is reputable from their ratings and the quality of the goods being presented.
Author Bio: Emily Steves blogs about ways you can save money online. She recommends using Cash in Hand Pawnbrokers when looking for high quality second hand items. She also writes about the best ways to use online auction sites.