Spokeo.com – Subscribe or Opt Out?
- 95 Comment
Spokeo is a search engine specialized in organizing people-related information from phone books, social networks, marketing lists, business sites, and other public sources. Most of this data is publicly available on the Web. For example, you can find people’s name, phone, and address on Whitepages.com, and you can get home values from Zillow.com. That said, only Spokeo’s algorithm can piece together the scattered data into coherent people profiles, giving you the most comprehensive intelligence about anyone you want to find.
Spokeo’s innovative technology has received numerous accolades and reviews from Newsweek, WSJ, PCWorld, and more. Millions of people have already used Spokeo to connect with their family members, old friends, and business contacts. Try and see what Spokeo can find about you today!
Spokeo is located in Pasadena, CA. Contact us for any questions.
Unlike Google or the white pages, Spokeo can piece together scattered data from online and offline sources, showing revealing information about just about anyone.
Dear Spokeo User,
While our search results shows only publicly-accessible information gathered from hundreds of public sources, such as phone books, marketing surveys, business sites and more, we understand that you are concerned about the information shown our search results, and allow all users to remove them accordingly.
You can opt to block out your information here:
(please note that this applies only for Phone and Name Searches)
To remove Phone/Name Listings:
1. Locate the listing you want removed
2. Copy the URL
(the URL can be found on the top of your browser and should look something like “http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=Smith%20Sample#Sample:1219812367
3. Go to www.spokeo.com/privacy
4. Paste the URL
5. Provide your email address (this acts as a verification process for the confirmation to be sent to your Inbox) and Letter (Captcha) Code
6. Check your Inbox for the confirmation email, and click on the link on the bottom to complete removal process.
7. The directory listing will become flagged and will be removed by an engineer within 1 business day.
If you are encountering difficulties, please ensure that you read all the instructions, making sure the URL, code and email address verification is correctly entered.
If you are seeing any error messages, please see below for the solution to some common issues:
- Please ensure that you click on the exact profile that contains your address. Correct URLs typically end with numbers. Example:
Incorrect Captcha Text:
-Type in the code provided exactly how it shows. Before you type in the code, make sure that all other fields are correct.
“In order to prevent abuse, we must limit the frequency of privacy requests. Please try again later.Government officials please use your @.gov email address for priority processing.”
- Spokeo understands your privacy concerns, and as such, provide a convenient way to remove your listings from public searches. However, this feature has been abused before, so in order to prevent spammers, bots and others from removing hundreds of listings at a time, all users are allowed to remove a limited number of listings each week per IP address. If you are seeing this error message at work, your limit may already be exceeded by other co-workers who are also trying to remove their listings. Our servers will read the requests as coming from the same IP address since multiple people are trying to remove listings from the same location. Please wait to remove your listing from your home computer, or try again the next day.
*Please note that since the name, phone, and email information aggregated by Spokeo is publicly available, opting out of Spokeo does not remove the information from its original sources. Spokeo is a search engine specialized in aggregating people-related information from hundreds of additional sites. If you would like to remove your information from all of these sources, please consult ReputationDefender or other privacy-protection services.
Our Reverse Email Search reflects only what is found in public profiles across supported social networks. We DO NOT create, host or alter any of the information you see and as such, cannot make any changes for you. If information such as your name or photo is showing on the Email Search page, you have a profile registered on one of our supported networks, such as MySpace, PhotoBucket or Facebook.
To remove any information from your Email Address Listing:
Simply find out which social networks you belong to, log in accordingly and remove the contents. Some networks also allow you to set your profile or photos to “private” – which would also ensure that your information is blocked.
Once our system refreshes over your data, the updated information will be shown. Please be informed however, that the updated information may not reflect right away, as our servers only update periodically due to the abundance of new information and updates made on the web each day.Please feel free to read our ‘Privacy’ page for more information:
Here’s a video with Harrison Tang, the founder of Spokeo:
Many people ask well.. what do I get for a subscription to Spokeo?
See all available information, including photos, profiles, lifestyle and wealth data.
Find who you’re looking for
with detailed profiles of
over 300 Million people.
Discover photos and profiles across 78 major social networks.
Reveal detailed information
about the owners of millions
of phone numbers.
Find and track your friends’ social network profiles, photos, videos, blogs, RSS and more.
http://www.spokeo.com/ just may be the creepiest web site out there.
It can give literally anyone access to the personal information of a person they want. The website is quite new but it has made a lot of which was authorized by President George W. Bush shortly after the 9/11 terrorism attacks but remained undisclosed until late last year, violates constitutional rights of free speech, privacy and the separation of powers.
It can give literally anyone access to the personal information of a person they want. The website is quite new but it has made a lot of … which was authorized by President George W. Bush shortly after the 9/11 terrorism attacks but remained undisclosed until late last year, violates constitutional rights of free speech, privacy and the separation of powers.
There is a way to protect yourself from having your information shown on Spokeo. All you have to do is log on to their website and follow these steps to remove yourself from the database.
1. Go to the Spokeo.com website by clicking on the related link.
2. Run a search on your name. You can narrow the search down by adding city and state.
3. If the search returns your name and address in the results, click your name to go to the information page listed on you.
4. Now copy the URL at the top of the page with your information. The URL is the long web address in the web browser address bar that begins with http://www.spokeo.com/search…
5. Now open the website by clicking the featured link “Remove from Spokeo”
6. Paste the URL web address you copied from your information page space marked URL:
7. Enter a valid email address. The email must be working because you will receive a message from Spokeo with a link to click to complete the process. You can set up a free email account just for this purpose on sites like Yahoo, Hotmail or others.
8. Now enter the code shown on the screen and click the “Remove Listing” button.
9. To finish the process, open your email and locate the message sent by Spokeo and click the link they provided.
10. Search Spokeo.com for your name again to make sure your name has been removed.
Company Overview: Spokeo is a search engine specialized in organizing people-related information from phone books, social networks, marketing lists, business sites, and other public sources.
Products: Social Network Aggregator
People Search Website Contact us by Mail
556 S. Fair Oaks Ave, #101-179
Pasadena, CA 91105
Contact Customer Service
Support is available to all customers from Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm PST
Your feedback is important to us, and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Be sure to read the small print: