Caltrans I-5 / Empire Interchange Community Open House
On Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Caltrans is hosting a Community Open House to provide information and answer questions about the Interstate 5 High Occupance Vehicle and Empire Interchange Project in Burbank. The meeting will be hosted in Room 104 of the City of Burbank Community Services Building at 150 N. Third Street.
The Empire Project is a series of improvements to I-5 in Burbank including:
- Adding carpool lanes between Magnolia Blvd. and Buena Vista St.
- Constructing a new interchange at I-5 and Empire Ave.
- Reconstructing the Burbank Blvd. overcrossing and realigning ramps
- Elevating the railroad at Buena Vista St. and San Fernando Blvd. and adjacent to Empire Ave.
- Improving the intersection at San Fernando Blvd/Victory Pl. and Lincoln St.
- Realigning and widening the Buena Vista St. ramps
The project will enhance safety, relieve congestion, improve traffic flow and provide easier access to the airport and shopping centers.
Learn more at I-5info.com.