Jemez Springs on Saturday, December 14th, 2013
* Library Bake & Book Sale – Shop for delicious holiday goodies and support the library and its many programs and services. Call 575-829-9155 for more info. Sponsored by Friends of the Jemez Springs Public Library.
* American Legion: Santa will be arriving at the American Legion on the Fire Truck at 2:00 pm. They will have a chance to tell Santa what they would like for Christmas, have their picture taken with Santa and within minutes have that great photo to take home. Enjoy farolitos and a festive atmosphere at the Legion Hall.
* Tree Lighting Ceremony – Tree decoration and caroling 4:40 pm. Santa arrives on the fire truck at 5:00 pm and will meet kids in the gazebo. Tree lighting ceremony 5:30 pm followed by community caroling around the tree.
* Light Among the Ruins – 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, free after-hours event at the Jemez State Monument. The ruins of Giusewa Pueblo and San José de los Jemez Mission Church will be decorated with hundreds of traditional farolitos. The evening’s program will include traditional Native American flute music and Jemez Pueblo dancers performance between two illuminating bonfires, also known as luminarias.
* Free horse-drawn wagon rides from Los Ojos to the State Monument. Holiday refreshments. Bring the whole family!
Many local businesses will remain open later Saturday evening! Come shop, explore and experience Jemez Springs!