Southern California inland areas are experiencing some very high temperatures over the past few days and the next few days before there is any relief.
Follow a few tips to help cope with the triple digit temperatures.
– Wear lightweight, light colored clothing to reflect heat and sunlight
– Drink plenty of water, and non-alcohol, or decaffeinated fluids where possible.
– Minimize exposure to the sun, sunburns reduce your body’s ability to dissipate heat.
– Exercise early morning hours or late in the evening when the temperatures are the lowest.
– Try to stay indoors in cool areas, if outdoors stay in shaded areas. Try to keep your AC at 78 if possible.
– Wear SPF 15 or higher sunscreen